Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

littlelegs

littlelegs Report 22 Mar 2017 09:19

Hi all

I have just opened my tree for someone on here
But they themselves don't have one
Can they still see my tree

And how do they do it

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 22 Mar 2017 11:06

When you opened it to them, the system should have sent an email to their linked account.

They could go into their own 'tree' (even if it only has their name) then underneath their name/user name they can click on 'View other trees'
On the Tree dashboard, click on the tab 'Trees shared with me' then select your tree.

Alternatively, they can look in their 'contacts' to find you - that'll give a link to view your tree.

Bear in mind that free (non-paying) members can't view other people's trees, even if they've been opened to them.

littlelegs

littlelegs Report 22 Mar 2017 12:08

Thank you very much