Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Birth Certificate - Father's name

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nolls from Harrogate

Nolls from Harrogate Report 24 Mar 2017 22:53

Can I ask very quickly can an unmarried mother put a father's name on the birth cert. without his knowledge please?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 24 Mar 2017 23:00

Well she can add his name making it look like they are married

If the woman admits to be single then the father needs to admit to being the father either by attending the registration or making a declaration acknowledging paternity

safc

safc Report 24 Mar 2017 23:08

https://www.gov.uk/register-birth/who-can-register-a-birth

Nolls from Harrogate

Nolls from Harrogate Report 24 Mar 2017 23:30

Thank you Shirley & safc thought as much just having to go through a legal problem at the moment , much appreciated.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 24 Mar 2017 23:56

Check if the assumed father had paid maintenance. If he had, he'd have agreed that he was the birth father.

Nolls from Harrogate

Nolls from Harrogate Report 25 Mar 2017 12:21

Thanks DET that is on the agenda !!!