Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John Robson No Birth Reg or Baptism?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 16 Feb 2007 09:47

Hello All I wonder if anyone has had the same problem as me with Relative whose Birth does not appear to be register and there is no Baptism. My gt gt Grandfather John Robson was born around 1840, the 1841 Census says he is aged 1, John was the 6th Child to Parents John Robson and Eleanor Urwin I have all the baptism of his previous Siblings born before 1837 and birth Registrations of siblings born after 1837 as follows Robert born 1827 Newcastle Jane born 1829 Walker, Newcastle Mary Ann born 1831 Norton Co Durham Elizabeth born 1833 as above Douglas born 1835 Newcastle John born 1840? Margaret born 1841 Hetton-Le- Hole Armstrong born 1843 as above Richard born 1846 as above. I have the birth regs of Margaret, Armstrong and Richard. both Armstrong and Richard were baptised together in 1846 at St Nicholas Hetton-Le-Hole. I dont have the Baptism for Margaret as well as my John. 1851 census as follows John Robson Head aged 46 born Corbridge Eleanor age 41 born Byker John aged 11 born Sunderland Margaret age 10 born Sunderland Armstrong age 8 born Hetton-le-Hole Maybe some one has an idea on this Regards and Thanks Allan Robson

Alison

Alison Report 16 Feb 2007 10:16

You've confused me a bit, because if it is the Newcastle area you are looking for, there are several John Robson's registered as being born around 1840: Births Mar 1839 (>99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Robson John Charles Newcastle on Tyne 25 258 Robson John Charles Newcastle on Tyne 25 358 Robson John Thomas Newcastle on Tyne 25 349 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Births Dec 1839 (99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Robson John Newcastle upon Tyne 25 307 Robson John Newcastle upon Tyne 25 332 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Births Mar 1840 (>99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Robson John Newcastle 25 316 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Births Jun 1840 (>99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Robson John Newcastle 25 339 Robson John Newcastle 25 323 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Births Sep 1841 (98%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Robson John Robert Newcastle Tyne 25 322 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Births Dec 1841 (95%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ROBSON John Newcastle Tyne 25 369 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Births Mar 1842 (>99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Robson John Newcastle upon Tyne 25 343

Alison

Alison Report 16 Feb 2007 10:23

Could this be the right one: Births Sep 1841 Robson John Houghton le Spring 24 165 Houghton le Spring in Co Durham is where your Margaret and Armstrong are listed as regisered (didn't check the others).

Allan

Allan Report 16 Feb 2007 10:29

Hello Alison Thanks for your reply, all the Births you mentioned have been checked and none of them match with mine they all have different Parents. Regards Allan

Georgina

Georgina Report 16 Feb 2007 10:41

Allan if this is your family in 1851 have you found them in 1841? I cant find a reference to the older children you mentioned did they die young? Name: John Robson Age: 11 Estimated birth year: abt 1840 Relation: Son Father's name: John Mother's name: Eleanor Gender: Male Where born: Sunderland, Durham, England Civil parish: Sunderland County/Island: Durham Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: Sunderland Sub-registration district: East Sunderland ED, institution, or vessel: 3 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 158 Household Members: Name Age Aronstreng Robson 8 Eleanor Robson 41 John Robson 46 John Robson 11 Margret Robson 10 Thomas Robson 9 Mo Georgina.

Allan

Allan Report 16 Feb 2007 10:42

Hello Alison The Houghton John Robson 1841 is not mine, and yet Margaret born Oct 1841 at Hetton is Registered there. Allan

Allan

Allan Report 16 Feb 2007 10:47

Hello Georgina Thanks for your reply, the family you have in 1851 is mine Richard died age 4 weeks in 1846 at Hetton-le-Hole. family in 1841 Pemberton st Hetton Eleanor Robson age 30 Robert agge 13 Mary Ann age 9 Elizabeth age 8 Douglas age 5 John at 1 The father was not at home on the 1841 Census Robert, Mary Ann, Elizabeth, and Douglas had all left home in 1851. Regards Allan

Georgina

Georgina Report 16 Feb 2007 10:52

I found Jane with her grandparents in 1841......Sorry I know it dosen't help find John's birth. Armstrong Urwin abt 1776 Dalton Le Dale Durham Armstrong Urwin abt 1823 Dalton Le Dale Durham Jane Urwin abt 1771 Dalton Le Dale Durham Jane Robson abt 1829 Dalton Le Dale Durham Georgina.

Alison

Alison Report 16 Feb 2007 11:08

Allen, did you get the b.cert for the John Robson in Houghton Le Spring ? Are you positive it is not the right one? The other siblings born around that time were all registered in the same area. His birth must be registered somewhere.

Allan

Allan Report 16 Feb 2007 11:11

Hello Georgina Yes you have the right family as Jane Robson was living with her Grandparents in 1841, I did check the Dalton-le-Dale Baptisms for John Robson but no luck. Thanks Allan

Allan

Allan Report 16 Feb 2007 11:24

Hello Alison Thanks for your reply The birth cert of the 1841 Houghton John Robson the parents are Christopher and Jane. Like you I would have thought he would be registered like all his after 1837 sisters and brothers were, and also what I cant understand is the baptisms of Armstrong and Richard were both done together 8th July 1846 at St Nicholas Hetton so why were John and Margaret not baptised with them. Very Odd. Allan

Alison

Alison Report 16 Feb 2007 11:27

This is interesting. There is another family in Durham on the 1851 census, parents John and Eleanor, with a son John, all of very similar ages to yours: Name: Eleanor Robson Age: 42 Estimated birth year: abt 1809 Relation: Wife Spouse's name: John Gender: Female Where born: South Shields, Durham, England Civil parish: Crook and Billy Row County/Island: Durham Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: Auckland Sub-registration district: Hamsterley ED, institution, or vessel: 8b Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 15 Household Members: Name Age George Kent 21 (lodger) Eleanor Robson 42 Eleanor Robson 8 John Robson 43 John Robson 13 William Robson 10

Christina

Christina Report 16 Jun 2016 19:56

Hi,
Are you by any chance related to a John Fitzpatrick Robson DOB March 31, 1909 in Newcastle Upon Tyne Northumberland England? His parents where William and Mary Jane Robson.

Regards,
Christina

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Jun 2016 20:44

Christina - as this is such an old thread, Allan may not be an active member now.

Click on his name to send him a personal message. If he is still using the linked email address, he'll know that you are trying to contact him and be able to reply