Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help finding two marriage please.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Back to my Roots

Back to my Roots Report 15 Mar 2005 13:45

From my grandparents birth certificaters i have the names of all four of my great gandparents. I have also been able to find them on census, But i cant find their marriages, can anyone help or give guidence please. First Marriage to find between Thomas and Elizabeth. 1881 census Thomas Baker head age 32 years born Smethwich Staffs. Elizabeth Baker wife age 27 years born Bilston Birmingham. From the birth certificate it states formerly Glover for Elizabeth There are 4 children also mentioned on this census all born in Smethwich the eldest is aged 8 years so born appox 1873. Second Marriage to find betweenThomas and Sarah. 1881 census Thomas Hawkins head age 21 years born Darlaston Staffs. Sarah Hawkins wife age 20 years born Walsall Staffs. From birth Certificate it states formerly Insley for Sarah. There is on this census just the one child my grandfather aged 6 months so born in 1880 in Darlaston Staffs. Can anyone help me please. Fingers crossed, Shaz

The Bag

The Bag Report 15 Mar 2005 13:56

could you re-type all that as a reply to your own request , splitting it up a bit , into facts. I'm confused just reading it sound like there may be re-marriages as well as marriages to find! jess

Back to my Roots

Back to my Roots Report 15 Mar 2005 14:03

HI Jess when i first typed it it was in paragraphs but for some reason it didnt come up that way. First Marriage between Thomas Baker born appox 1849 Smethwich, Staffs, and Elizabeth Glover born appox 1854 Bilston Birmingham. Their first child born appox 1873 Smethwich Staffs.

Back to my Roots

Back to my Roots Report 15 Mar 2005 14:07

HI again Jess here is the second marriage, Thomas Hawkins born appox 1860 Darlaston Staffs. Sarah Insley born appox 1861 Walsall Staffs . First Child born 1880 Darlaston Staffs. hope that is clearer to read i would be greatful for any help. Shaz

ian

ian Report 3 Oct 2012 23:09

hello shaz, been a long time,what is it exactly are you trying to find out, i,m in your family and ive got a lot more on our family tree since we last spoke, SO WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW,IAN, NOTTINGHAM (PLEASE REPLY)thomas hawkins born 7-4-1860 the green, darlaston, sarah insley born bridge st walsall, married, st marks church, ocker hill, dudley 29-march-1880 thomas died 11-1-1948, 105 stockwell gate, mansfield, nottingham aged 87, buried 15-1-1948 grave number-B1182, SHAZ CONTACT ME FOR MORE INFO, IAN, NOTTINGHAM

patchem

patchem Report 3 Oct 2012 23:22

Ian,
As you have pointed it, it has been a long time.
You could try contacting Shaz directly by clicking on their name.
If they still have the same email address, genes can contact them.

ian

ian Report 22 Mar 2014 18:24

Thomas Hawkins and sarah insley married 29-march-1880, at, st,marks church,ocker hill,dudley,staffs, his fathers name was, William Hawkins,her father was, George insley,witnesses were, Gideon burgess and mary jane burgess,,,,
Thomas was of age, sarah was, 20,,,,,sarah died, 6-jan-1918, work house infermarysedgley, Dudley, and is buried in a paupers grave,in Dudley cemetery,she died from pnewmonia, thomas Hawkins died, 11-jan-1948, aged-81, at 105 stockwell gate,mansfield, Nottingham, and is buried in stapleford new cemetery, stapleford, Nottingham, if you need any mor information,,,please just ask, regards,, ian Hawkins.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 22 Mar 2014 18:31

Ian, Did you do as suggested by Patchman after your post 3 Oct 2012 23:09 and contact the thread author directly?

Could you also remove your email address from your post, Its against GR guidelines and may get your post reported for review and possibly removed alltogether

Roy

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 23 Mar 2014 10:11

ian

There is absolutely no point in putting info on here.................you did so two years ago, and it wasn't acknowledged, so it won't be now.

Follow the advice about trying to make direct contact

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 23 Mar 2014 11:24

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/856244