General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

...and goodbye from me...

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andrew

Andrew Report 13 Jan 2013 14:07

My subscription runs out in the next few days and I'm not renewing, for all the well discussed reasons. My tree is a complete shambles after I tried to reload the GEDCOM, and I've moved it to Ancestry. Nobody takes much notice of my posts anyway.

Its been fun doing lookups, but even those don't seem to be as good now.

Andy

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 13 Jan 2013 14:16

sorry to see you go Andy - shall miss your avatar and your input on FA - you will be missed and your posts have been noticed :-D :-D

Ann XX <3 <3

~~ Jules in Wiltshire~~

~~ Jules in Wiltshire~~ Report 13 Jan 2013 14:22

Sorry to see you go Andy and thank you for the look ups that you have done for me...Take care <3

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 13 Jan 2013 14:39

Yet another of the "older" members going.

GR do not seem bothered about losing valuable members who help others.

Take care.

Maureen

George_of_Westbury

George_of_Westbury Report 13 Jan 2013 15:58

Im also sorry to see you are leaving Andy, ive always enjoyed reading your well informed posts for people needing help on here.

Regards George

F

F Report 13 Jan 2013 16:10

It's a shame you are leaving Andy as you're always so kind and helpful. I remember that when I first joined GR you helped me on my way with my research... I hadn't a clue, but you gave your time to help - so thank you :-). Hope you reconsider :-).

Lorraine

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 13 Jan 2013 17:49

Sorry to see you go, might well be joining you in Feb when my renewal is due, depends how badly GR try to rip me off with renewal charges :-P

Good luck,
Mayfield

alviegal

alviegal Report 13 Jan 2013 20:55

Andy, your posts ARE noticed.

I, too, am really sorry to see you go. I know what you mean about the lookups not being what they were but I still enjoy doing them even though there are not as many as there used to be.

Good luck and every best wish for the future.

Liz :-( :-( :-(

mamaoates

mamaoates Report 13 Jan 2013 21:24

i too am considering a similar move - i seem to have come to a dead stop with my family tree and my husbands has been a non starter - everytime i get stuck people suggest looking at sites linked to ancestry.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 13 Jan 2013 21:57

Sorry to hear you're leaving Andy, but I understand why :-(

I'll be on that path later this year

When all the "older" members leave, the Home Page will have to change....... remove the bit that states members are happy to help!!

Joy

Joy Report 13 Jan 2013 22:49

Bye, Andy; take care.

My renewal is scheduled for some time in April.

Rambling

Rambling Report 13 Jan 2013 22:54

Sorry to see you go Andy, best of luck.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Jan 2013 23:04

Sorry to see you go. We have often been on the same threads following each other with posts for look ups . You will be missed .

Shirley :-(

Andrew

Andrew Report 17 Jan 2013 22:17

After reading the kind comments left on this and other threads over the last few days, I've decided to renew my sub and stay. Can't leave doing lookups alone.

So it's not goodbye from me.....

Andy

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Jan 2013 22:19

HEH well done you . Glad you are staying :-D :-D :-D

RoseoftheShires

RoseoftheShires Report 17 Jan 2013 22:19

Hi Andy don't think we have met? Glad to see you are not off it really is a good place to be I don't come on here as much as I used to but it is a laugh when I do
Rachx

Wend

Wend Report 17 Jan 2013 22:20

Good news, Andy. Haven't spoken to you, but have read your posts and I am glad you have reconsidered :-D

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 17 Jan 2013 22:39

Andrew is a great researcher on the FA board.............and it's good to see him posting on the chat board.

Soo pleased you are staying Andrew.

:-)

Carol 430181

Carol 430181 Report 17 Jan 2013 22:45

Pleased to hear you are staying hate to see people leave.

Carol :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 17 Jan 2013 22:47

good news Andy - you're staying!!! I'm happy now :-D :-D :-D :-D