General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How do I contact GenesReunited customer Service?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol1947

Carol1947 Report 7 Apr 2014 20:17

Can anyone tell me how to get a response from Genes Reunited? I have emailed then 5 times now about a billing problem and get no answer. My email is not returned as undeliverable, so I know it is getting through. Any ideas, or a phone number? I have searched the website, but can't find anything different, but must be missing something. These are the email addresses I have been using, [email protected] and [email protected] The latter comes back as undeliverable.

Many thanks
Carol

jax

jax Report 7 Apr 2014 20:36

The Support email address should be the correct one

Send a pm, by clicking on the community managers name in a thread at the top of the page

Community Manager

Community Manager Advisor Report 9 Apr 2014 14:59

Hi Carol,

Are you still having difficulties? Please send me a message and I will follow up.

Regards

Shelley

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 9 Apr 2014 15:30

billing / accounts dept
01382 429 004

Janet

Janet Report 27 Jan 2015 12:21

I received an email this morning offering One month Platinum subscription for £1 using SYFTW1 code.I entered all my detail's and got an email receipt telling me that I had paid £19.95 .I want to cancel this subscription.
I have tried to get a phone number for Genes reunited and just get fobbed off.I have tried [email protected] and a tab came up and this is what it said

'You are about to log in to the site "genesreunited.co.uk" with the user name "www%2Esupport", but the web site does not require authentication. This may be an attempt to trick you
Do i trust this?
I have also contacted brightsolid who are telling me that genes reunited are no longer a part of their company. What is going on !!!! ??? :-|

Graham

Graham Report 27 Jan 2015 12:34

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1348384

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 27 Jan 2015 18:34

Try this - I had a similar problem and this was the address the reply was sent from
[email protected]

joysie4

joysie4 Report 25 Jun 2015 13:16

I cant find there helpline either now I t was advertised a few weeks ago

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 26 Jun 2015 04:43

use the email

[email protected]

Beatietoo

Beatietoo Report 27 Jun 2015 13:35

I have contacted them several times at f.a.q.at customer service.I have been getting answers back but still haven,t solved the problem..It will not open the documents it gives me,returning me to sign up page.I have monthtly subscription. :-S :-S :-S

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 27 Jun 2015 16:57

Beatietoo

The best way to contact GR has been posted above ..................

[email protected]

Christine

Christine Report 15 Sep 2015 16:21

I too am having problems getting through to ANYONE either by phone or email - number not available and emails un-replied to.
I have been billed for credits I certainly haven't ordered. As my membership is ongoing annually they have access to my bank account. I am concerned they are taking money out of my account without permission, but trying to get hold of someone to ask is impossible.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 15 Sep 2015 16:34

DC Thomson Family History
The Glebe
6 Chapel Place
Rivington Street
London EC2A 3DQ

Billing / Accounts Department: 01382 429004
Customer Support Team: 020 3326 6300

Rambling

Rambling Report 15 Sep 2015 16:45

Christine, email again, and in the meantime if you haven't done so go to 'Account' in menu at top of page, click on it and you will see a menu at left with "Credit Details" click on it and make sure the auto renew is set to Off.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 15 Sep 2015 16:55

Familywhispers ( I think) did say that this has happened to her group. If your auto renew membership is on, once you get to a certain level of used credits GR automatically top you up.

David

David Report 6 Jul 2016 12:36

My tree is out of date, and I would like to update it by importing a gedcom from Ancestry. Will that over write my current tree and leave all my shared tress and messages in -pace?

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 Jul 2016 12:42

David, it will over write your current tree but I'm not sure if that will affect shared trees, it shouldn't affect messages though.

To be certain contact support
[email protected]

Kense

Kense Report 6 Jul 2016 12:50

It won't affect messages or shared trees. It will corrupt any hot matches you have.

Elizabeth Ansell

Elizabeth Ansell Report 12 Apr 2018 08:06

I too have been trying to get through to Genes Reunited I am so frustrated I paid for the top Susciption Platinum and now they are asking for more money to look at records I thought The £75 covered all I deeply regret enrolling with them Elizabeth

Madge

Madge Report 12 Apr 2018 08:38

We all have to form a circle hold hands and meditate and hope the message gets through :-D