General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

SILVER DRESSING

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 9 Apr 2014 19:12

I KNOW SOME OF YOU ARE HAVING SILVER DRESSING ON WOUNDS
CAN I ASK PLEASE WHEN NEW DRESSING PUT ON IS IT REALLY
PAINFUL,THE CLEANING OF THE SCUFF IS AGONY AND THEN
THE SILVER DRESSING PUT ON.
I KNOW IT ACTS LIKE A CAUSTIC DRESSING BUT I HAD MY LEG
DRESSED YESTERDAY AND TO BE HONEST THE PAIN WAS SO BAD
AND ITS ONLY JUST EASING OFF,ON A SCALE OF 1 TO 10 IT WAS A 10
PAIN,AND I'M DUE TO HAVE IT REDONE TOMORROW.
I'M DREADING IT'

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 9 Apr 2014 20:19

I was one of those that used to have it - but I have to say I don't remember pain like that at all. Maybe it was a bit tender, but not enough for me to remember. The word "caustic" amazes me. Of course it was partly healed when they started using it - but do discuss it with the nurses when they come. I did find it worked very well for me, but then I didn't have to get through that sort of pain

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 9 Apr 2014 20:52

My daughter had silver dressings 3 years ago and she never complained about it being painful. I would tell the nurse how it affected you and ask if this is normal. Hope it all goes well for you Dizzy. xx