General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Meeting family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 19 Apr 2014 19:43

Last week my wife and I had a wonderful lunch with a third cousin, actually two third cousins, and a third cousin once removed, who until recently I didn't even know existed. Isn't family research marvellous? Bob

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 19 Apr 2014 20:01

It certainly is Bob, I never get bored with it.

I have met relatives I didn't know about before, and hope to again some time soon :-D

It's lovely meeting new cousins and finding out how much,or little, we have in common.

Mersey

Mersey Report 19 Apr 2014 20:04

Totally agree Bob and Kitty...I met a member of my family though research and it was one of the most emotional days for Mum and I........especially because we thought she was not alive...she was and actually posting on here <3

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 19 Apr 2014 20:07

I've met and corresponded with lots of family because of research also Bob, but I'm just as chuffed to find out about the ones no longer on this planet, learnt so much about where I've come from :-D