General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A letter arrived today from

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 24 Apr 2014 08:25

our previous electricity supplier.

What do they want? We changed supplier about a year ago.

They didn't want anything......... letter explained that they weren't clear with us when we signed up with them......... we should have received a discount, which they hadn't given us......... and they are sending us a cheque for $71.20.

Nice to know there are some honest companies around.

Or maybe........... we're on their list of potential return customers.

I don't care who we get electricity from..... we change all the time, depending on who 'phones us and what they offer.

They all charge like wounded bulls.

Graham

Graham Report 24 Apr 2014 09:41

I got a letter from the taxman before christmas. I dreaded opening it. But the letter was to inform me that I had payed too much tax last year. The next letter I got from them was a cheque for £800. A few days before christmas as well. Nice :-)

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 24 Apr 2014 11:51

grrrrrrrr!

I responded, clicked SUBMIT.....the "blue line" took forever, then I got thrown off the site.......

anyway.........

Nice Christmas present for you Graham, even if it was your money lol :-D