General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Yaaay! Halloween is over!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 1 Nov 2014 00:17

I've successfully discouraged the little beggars.
I bought a few lollies etc - and had all of 2 visitors.
This could be because every other house in the street has inviting pumpkins, balloons etc outside their house - I have nothing.
My neighbour was doing a good 'act' when his door was knocked, even though it disturbed my intent listening to the 'News Quiz' and 'The Archers', I forgive him :-D

Disgusting lollies and chews left over will be taken to work on Monday :-D

Even Betty cat - who hates fireworks, couldn't be bothered to panic when someone had a 5 minute 'let off'.

Bah Humbug!!!

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 1 Nov 2014 00:22

No visitors tonight - so jumbo sack of crisps will be handed over to the church sale next Saturday making 14 extra tombola prizes

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 1 Nov 2014 02:51

We didn't even bother getting any goodies in this year ............. after a couple of years of just a couple.

........ and OH eating the left-over choccie bars that he liked, and taking the rest to the guys at the Garden

The front of the house is in darkness, porch light turned off, and no pumpkin with lighted candle on any windowsill.

I'm on my computer in a room at the back of the house, and OH is on his 'puter in the basement room.

There was one great bang of fireworks out on the street by the side of the house about 15 minutes ago.

The biggies (ie teenagers out on their own) will start appearing in about another 30 minutes or so ................ then we should hear loads of crackers going off.

Hopefully, one of them will not throw an egg at one of the side windows, as someone did 2 years ago ................... at close to midnight! :-(

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 1 Nov 2014 07:44

Sainsburys banned the sale of eggs and flour to under 18s for this year's Halloween.
OH being a foreigner dresses up, lots of pumpkins with candles , fireworks and lots of goodies for the kids. I hide in the office with senior cat. Hate Halloween and Guy Facques.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Nov 2014 09:01

I did get a few sweets in but we just had the one very small visitor. Very sweet and shy, accompanied by (I assume) her big brother who stood back and watched her then reminded her to say thank you. Bless. I don't mind the littlies and would have enjoyed a few more but was glad not to get the large overgrown children in masks who expect money.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Nov 2014 10:07

The 'children' who live around here are in their late teens or early 20's. Even when they were younger, they were never allowed to T or T.

Never-the-less, I make sure that the curtains are drawn early and that the hall and outside lights are turned off.
Bah Humbug indeed!

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 1 Nov 2014 12:53

We go out for a family meal on Halloween night.

There are loads of little kids round here, and today I plan to hand their sweets out.
We went to Halloween party at Disney's Magic Kingdom back in September.
We got so many sweets that there's still plenty left for last night's guisers