General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Would you...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 26 Nov 2014 01:35

pat a shark? :-0

Never in a millions years!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwl9aHo1Ido

makes my blood run cold. :-(

Dermot

Dermot Report 26 Nov 2014 08:10

Never smile at a crocodile.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 26 Nov 2014 09:34

ive cleaned the teeth of a killer whale :-D :-D :-D

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 26 Nov 2014 09:35

I have shaken hands with a politician :-0

Made sure I counted my fingers afterwards ;-)

Dermot

Dermot Report 26 Nov 2014 09:47

Shaking political hands is forbidden during the EBOLA crisis.

Sharron

Sharron Report 26 Nov 2014 09:56

Oh yes I would. That is a lovely video.

If you are what they eat then I think it is probably a good idea not to swim where they live.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 26 Nov 2014 10:00

oooh! one little lunge........and he's 'armless...........

Bob

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 26 Nov 2014 10:40

In that situation - yes I would. He's just curious.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 26 Nov 2014 10:46

The shark obviously avoids sugar and has a very good dentist.

Australia has an unfortunate angst against sharks which is a shame as they are graceful and interesting creatures survivors from another epoch. The great white is is very intelligent. So long as it does not perceive a threat it is not dangerous.

Logically swimming and surfing at beaches favored by sharks would be banned at seasons when they are around.

Hunting and killing of sharks should also be illegal - it is disastrous for the ecology when the top predator gets taken out. A good example is Yellowstone USA where the ecology has improved immeasurably since the wolf was brought back.

What the politicians need is the re introduction of top predators - Ned Kelly, Wat Tyler, Robespierre, women's knitting groups and so on.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 28 Nov 2014 11:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2Ogp8l21YY

I used to work with Rodney's sister.

My first week at work, she introduced herself and asked if I'd like to see photographs of her brother......... and I nearly fainted. EXTREMELY graphic photographs.

Everyone in the office apologised to me, they had not warned me that she showed the photographs to everyone........ she did that for years and years. Her way of coping with it I suppose, but it shocked the hell out of me.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 28 Nov 2014 14:40

Rodney Fox - despite his experiences - is a very well known champion of the Great White Shark and the importance of conservation of this keystone species. The Great White is also 100% of the source of Rodney's income.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 28 Nov 2014 20:07

I know

<3

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 29 Nov 2014 09:57

Not too late ?

http://goo.gl/krqTOQ