General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trains of thought

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 28 Nov 2014 00:53

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 28 Nov 2014 01:01

You know how it is.....You start off thinking one thing then end up thinking something else.

Well there I was walking two of my dogs having to step aside quite a few times to avoid dog Poo. I thought of putting up a sign that says....Don't get a dog if you can't be bothered to pick up the poo.....not nice for anyone to step in, let alone children......

Anyway, I carried on walking and asked my dogs to sit and wait at the curb.....Ahhh! I thought....aren't they sweet, but I doubt they would make good guide dogs. My mind then wandered onto the subject of training guide dogs, wondering why mine wouldn't be good enough......Then I got to thinking about dog poo again......my question is this.....Who picks up the poo for a guide dog if it's owner can't see where it is?......I. am not jesting, it is a serious question....does anyone know the answer?

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 28 Nov 2014 01:02

TOO COMPLICATED TO THINK ABOUT

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 28 Nov 2014 01:03

HOW ABOUT

It was 9:29
9:29, back street, big city
The sun was going down
There was music all around
It felt so right

It was one of those nights
One of those nights
When you feel the world stop turning
You were standing there
There was music in the air
I should have been away
But I knew I had to stay

Last train to London, just heading out
Last train to London, just leaving town
But I really want tonight to last forever
I really want to be with you
Let the music play on down the line tonight

It was one of those nights
One of those nights
When you feel the fire burning
Everybody was there
Everybody to share
It was so right

There you were on your own
Looking like you were the only one around
I had to be with you
Nothing else that I could do
I should have been away
But I knew I had to stay

Underneath a starry sky
Time was still but hours must really have rushed by
I didn't realize
But love was in your eyes
I really should have gone
But love went on and on

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 28 Nov 2014 01:06

last train to London....Electric Light Orchestra

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 28 Nov 2014 01:10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up4WjdabA2c

was only yesterday ...

Sharron

Sharron Report 28 Nov 2014 04:18

Supposing your eyebrows kept growing like your hair.

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 28 Nov 2014 05:48

They train them to go on a sheet of newspaper, Susan wiv. My friend used to puppy walk for Guide Dogs.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Nov 2014 08:52

There you are Susan wiv a sensible answer. Interesting though, I didn't know that.

Love those words Dizzi.

Dermot

Dermot Report 28 Nov 2014 10:06

It's no good bagging dog poo if we don't have bins to dump the waste.

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 28 Nov 2014 10:23

You have a bin at home, don't you?

Graham

Graham Report 28 Nov 2014 10:28

You could always hang the bags in trees, like everybody else ;-) :-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 28 Nov 2014 11:32

Following on from Graham and Dermot....In environmental terms, when walking dogs in the countryside at least or area where people don't go much, isn't the dog poo much less of an issue than the plastic bags to put it in ? One degrades quite quickly the other will be there for hundreds of years.

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 28 Nov 2014 11:36

Exactly Rose :-D

I am always amazed when I see little bags of poo left in hedges, gutters etc. FFS either don't pick it up at all, or take it home and put in your own dustbin if there are no bins on your walk :-S

Kay????

Kay???? Report 28 Nov 2014 11:47

I am amazed that some form of -- chemical Sprinkle--hasnt been done that if caught out while walking a dog it could at least disvolve the nasty mess or kill off the nasties it carries .......why are dog owners reluctant to use their own bins to dispose of their dogs dirt,,,,,,,,and want councils to provide bins and pay someone to empty them....dog owners wouldnt want the smelly nasty job,,,,,the good responsible dog owners outweigh by far the thoughless ones.

Rambling

Rambling Report 28 Nov 2014 11:59

I'm glad to see ( and I didn't think I'd be googling THIS today lol) that there are suppliers of biodegradeable bags made of natural ingredients which will compost in as little as 45 days :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Nov 2014 12:13

I did read on another thread somewhere. somebody said that if they are going for a circular walk they often hang the poo bag on a branch and collect it on the way back. My thought was..... How do they know which bag is theirs?

Out area on the pavements is not too bad at the moment, the Parish council did have a big purge which seems to have eliminated most of it. don't know about footpaths off road though.

However, the UK practically smells of roses when compared to pavements in Tenerife where they don't seem to be able to stamp out the problem. The South being worse than the North but both not good. And Spain wasn't too good either when we visited last year.

Potty

Potty Report 28 Nov 2014 13:10

We live near several FC forests and when walking there we often see poo bags hanging from trees. We are on the committee for our local community woodland and our advice is to "stick & flick" off the paths and into the trees (making sure it is into a place where nobody will walk), where it can degrade along with the fox and deer poo.

People really should clear up after their dogs when walking in fields. Dog poo contains substances that if ingested by cattle (and research is also showing probably by sheep) can cause them to abort. Even if there are no animals in the field, the grass may be used as animal feed.

We always clean up after our dogs in the park and one of our dogs cleans up after humans - she collects the plastic bottles left lying around so we can put them in the bin.

Dermot

Dermot Report 28 Nov 2014 13:26

This is developing into a very informative & educational thread.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 28 Nov 2014 15:58

why is it considered ok to let yer 'orse do what it likes, where it likes with no recrimination?

talking of which

some time ago, I was sort of reliably informed that when"travellers" peg their 'orses out on a chain/rope the 'orse will eat the grass first, around the perimeter of the circle, and THEN, that will be his pooing area . leaving the inner part clean, for eating...

???? was I being told a porky? I wonder.......