General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

There's a storm brewing up there

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 11 Dec 2014 01:07

A few weeks ago, the weather boffins predicted that our area would have "an unusually hot and dry" December.

It's rained for the last 5 days. :-)

Tuesday afternoon a big storm blew in, thunder & lightning, torrential rain that turned into hailstones. The temperature was still in the mid-high 20s Celcius, so it was kinda steamy.

The sky is a mass of swirling black/grey/white clouds, there isn't much blue up there, enough to make a pair of pyjamas for a cat.

I have the emergency lantern plugged in, recharging, just in case the power goes off.

I hung washing on the line this morning at 8 o'clock; it's just gone noon and I've brought it in... just as wet as it was at 8!

I don't like this humidity :-(

Looks like we're in for a noisy afternoon, might get some pyrotechnics :-(

Allan

Allan Report 11 Dec 2014 08:16

Scozz, normally I make a joke about things, but honestly the weather both NSW and Qld have been experiencing recently would have been nightmarish.

Whilst the top half of WA has experienced a heatwave, with good old Marble Bar having more than a few days hovering around 48c, down here in the SW the temps have been more moderate.

Today is the first day for a couple of weeks where the temp has reached 30c.

All-in-all, I'm glad that I'm in the SW :-)

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 11 Dec 2014 10:20

The rumbles started about 3 this afternoon.

They got louder, then lightning.... the sky was lit up, AND forked lightning. Flash, BANG! And more torrential rain, too much for the gutters & downpipes to cope with. I switched off the computer and retired to the sofa with my kindle.

The flashing and rumbling went on for hours (and it's still warm, so it's very muggy now).

It's almost 9.15pm, and there are still a few flashes of lightning and some thunder rumbles, but I think it's heading out to sea..... and it's still raining.

I believe south-east Qld is getting battered. :-(

More to come at the weekend!

Where did we put the instructions for building an ark?

Allan

Allan Report 11 Dec 2014 10:39

In this season...

'Ark the herald Angels sing :-D

Stay safe, Scozz.

For all my flippancy, I would not trade places :-0

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 11 Dec 2014 11:31

It's now 10.28, and it's still raining! I'm glad we live halfway up a hill, not at the foot!

I've spent the last hour reading & responding to emails, couldn't check earlier, as the computer was off, because of the storm.

So much cloud cover over the last few days, the solar lights aren't on. :-(

It's past my bedtime. G'nite.

:-)

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 11 Dec 2014 12:01

we had snow
but fortunately it rained and it melted away :-D :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 11 Dec 2014 20:41

Friday 7.37am.......... still cloud covered

:-(

The barometer is on "change"......... change to what, I wonder.