General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Fly free, Flying Doctor Funeral update p.1 and 1/5

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 19 Apr 2015 20:51

So sad to be the bearer of bad news again.

I just had a call from Flying Doctor's daughter, to tell me that our lovely, caring friend Elaine has been taken from us.

Elaine had been very poorly for a long time and had to go back into hospital last Monday. She developed pneumonia and had discussed previously not wanting drugs or to be resuscitated. On Thursday with her family around her, she passed peacefully away.

It's so unfair that after a very difficult life, Elaine nevertheless nursed her husband to the end, and finally had the freedom to do what she wanted. She had her new long awaited kitchen fitted but became too unwell to use it or to look after after her elderly dog, Missy, who is now with Elaine's son. We had planned for me to go visit again and see the new kitchen when I am in the area in June.

No-one could wish Elaine back to suffer as she has done of late but I will miss this lovely, graceful lady, and she was a lady, and I am sure many of you will miss her too.

One consolation is that she will be with her parents and others that she loved and lost, and I can imagine her and Dutch chatting away, one hardly able to get a word in edgeways for the other, as they were both mileaminute chatterboxes.

It was a real privilege to be able to visit Elaine last year when I was in her area, poorly as she was, she made us welcome and kept texting me afterwards to say how much she had enjoyed the visit. Her family were close by and spent a lot of time with her so she wasn't lonely or alone but did enjoy new visitors too.

Rest in peace, my dear friend Elaine, life's work more than well done.

love

Lizxxx

The cremation will be held on Wednesday 6th May at 11.30am at Ardsley Crematorium, Barnsley.

Elaine's wish was for no flowers at her funeral but for donations to the P.D.S.A. so I will collect if people wish to send donations to me, then I can pass a lump sum on to the charity in Elaine's name.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 19 Apr 2015 21:00

Oh that is so sad Liz, I had thought she might be able to enjoy life a bit now after her life which had not been happy. I realised that she was ill but not how ill. RIP Elaine.

Thank you for letting us know.

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 19 Apr 2015 21:03

Dear Purple

I am so very sorry that our friend Flying Doctor has passed away.

I am angry that our friend did not have more time to enjoy her new kitchen and other things she wanted to do.

Elaine deserved to see more of the nicer and good things in life.

All I can say, is may you rest in peace, dear Flying Doctor.

My sincere and deepest sympathies to her family.

With much love and respect,
Elizabeth, EOS
xx

Sally

Sally Report 19 Apr 2015 21:18

r I p

sally w <3

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 19 Apr 2015 21:27

Oh dear.

How very sad.

My sincere condolences to Elaine's friends and family.

R.I.P Flying Doctor. <3 <3 <3

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 19 Apr 2015 21:37

RIP Flying Elaine <3

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 19 Apr 2015 21:52

RIP Elaine so sorry to hear of your passing
my thoughts are with your family and friends x <3 <3

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 19 Apr 2015 21:53

Sheila , Joyce's friend, sends her deepest sympathy to Elaine's family.

As all of us, she feels sad that Elaine's time of freedom was so short, she should have had the chance to do all the things she still wanted to do and the good health to do it.
Rest in peace Elaine,

Sheila

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 19 Apr 2015 21:56

My sincere condolences to Elaine's friends and family.

RIP Flying Doctor

Mr M <3

Von

Von Report 19 Apr 2015 22:01

So sorry to hear about Elaine.
Sincere condolences to her family. <3

Island

Island Report 19 Apr 2015 22:01

So sad.

Rest peacefully Flying Doctor

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 19 Apr 2015 22:06

Elaine's daughter will contact me with details when funeral arrangements have been made and Sheila will try to attend if possible as she is not far away. Apparently the situation is such that there are long delays for funerals at the moment.

Lizx

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 19 Apr 2015 22:16

So sorry to hear this sad news. R.I.P. Elaine.xx <3

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 19 Apr 2015 22:59

Sorry to hear of yet another respected GR members death.

RIP Elaine xx ??????

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 19 Apr 2015 23:01

So sorry to hear this.
RIP Elaine (Flying Doctor) <3

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 19 Apr 2015 23:22

How sad - R.I.P. Elaine.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 20 Apr 2015 00:42

I had not realised that Elaine was so ill

How sad that she did not get to enjoy the freedom after a very unhappy life

RIP Elaine xxxx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 20 Apr 2015 01:10

Sadly Elaine had been in and out of hospital since her husband died and was very unwell when I visited last year. The last time I spoke with her she was not strong. It was her birthday on Easter Monday.

Lizxx

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 20 Apr 2015 05:00

RIP Elaine. now with friends and out of pain. xx

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 20 Apr 2015 06:29

RIP, Elaine.