General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Contrary weather

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 May 2015 15:14

Why is it if we go away for four weeks in May you at home have a heatwave. But this year when we are not going away for four weeks, or even two weeks, the weather is very iffy with high winds and rain?

And......... when we were away for two weeks in April the weather here was hotter than where we were in Spain apparently. :-( :-(

kandj

kandj Report 11 May 2015 15:34

"Sod's law" methinks Ann lol.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 11 May 2015 15:35

I think you should go away for much longer periods please :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 May 2015 17:05

Cheers AnnC :-D :-D :-P

Yep you are right Kandj.

Dermot

Dermot Report 11 May 2015 17:35

'There's always some kind of weather this time of year'.

(Ok - feel free to go ahead & tell me to shut my gob!)

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 11 May 2015 18:10

It's been lovely here today. A bit windy, though.

Last week was awful.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 11 May 2015 18:21

been really hot here today - got a lot done in the tarden

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 12 May 2015 04:38

I encouraged o.h. to book the first two weeks in June so we could go to the Sheffield meet (he couldn't get the middle two weeks I wanted but we do have an extra two days so we can fit things in). So far the forecast is not 'flaming June', more cloudy, showery and occasional sunshine! I do hope by the time we get to Tideswell things will have improved so we get more sunshine.

It's so disappointing when you only get so much time for holidays and the weather lets you down.

O.h.is an electrical technician in a corrugated board factory with big computerised
machines and a steamy atmosphere so loves to be out in nice weather.

Lizx