General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

He has to interfere!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 30 Aug 2015 17:27

As I said in another thread, I have been given a bucket of plums and, having made a crumble last night, thought we could make a tart and a pie with them so that I don't have a house full of jam.

I cook to use things up and not waste them because I am a welder etc who likes to eat but not to waste money. There is, however, somebody living here who has been "a chef for forty years" and my bit of pastry with plums in to use them up now has butter and sugar and ground almonds in it, all of which I have paid for so that negates all I have done.

No doubt it will taste delicious but I am not going to tell him that!

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 30 Aug 2015 22:06

Hmmm! I MUST soon get those bread crusts out of the freezer and make some bread pudding!!

Sharron

Sharron Report 30 Aug 2015 22:13

I'm yours Bob!

I am anybody's for a bit of bread pudd'n'.

Well, if we are being truly honest, the bread pudd'n' probably isn't strictly necessary!

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 31 Aug 2015 15:58

Have you tried pickled plums?

Mum-in-law had a small orchard, about 10 plum trees......... one year she gave us 6 buckets of plums! I ran out of things to make with them....... so tried pickling. Didn't appeal to me......... but I put a bowl of them out at a party, and one couple loved them.. sent them home with jars of the things. :-)

Was kinda funny, many people at the party thought they were baby beets :-D :-D... until they tasted them.

Sharron

Sharron Report 31 Aug 2015 16:56

I did pickle some once but they didn't get eaten.

Could you disclose your recipe please? It might be better than the one I used.