General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Why is it

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Jan 2016 16:35

When waiting for a delivery for which you have been given a time slot, the thing is rarely delivered at the beginning of that time slot?

waiting for a tumble drier to be delivered by Currys. time slot 1pm to 5pm and it still is not here.

MillymollyAmanda

MillymollyAmanda Report 5 Jan 2016 16:42

Can you track it to see if its left the depot?

Rambling

Rambling Report 5 Jan 2016 16:50

I'll let you know next week Ann when I am expecting a tumble drier also :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Jan 2016 17:03

We have tracked it, it says it is out for delivery. :-( :-(

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Jan 2016 18:39

And still not here

MillymollyAmanda

MillymollyAmanda Report 5 Jan 2016 18:43

Is there any number you could ring ? perhaps the lorry has broken down :-(

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 5 Jan 2016 19:21

Currys will refund any delivery costs incurred if the delivery misses the slot.

I have a complaint with Hermes ongoing. The driver stated on tracking that he tried to deliver and he certainly didn't! At 11.37 on the day I was sat by the window and Amazon delivered that morning.

No card through the door, no attempt to leave with a neighbour and certainly NO van outside. Am I angry? you bet I am.

Sue

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Jan 2016 20:07

Arrived 7.30. We were told when we ordered that they would unpack, I knew they had not unpacked daughters so I was dubious, and they didn't. So it is still all packed up and in the conservatory. They said no way could they have been here by five as they were not loaded up until ten and they still have loads of deliveries to make. I think they need to sort out the office staff so they are all singing from the same song sheet. Not impressed with Knowhow.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 5 Jan 2016 20:56

I must have been lucky. I had a washing machine and tumble dryer delivered by Currys a couple of months ago. They arrived within the time slot and rang me about 30 minutes in advance to say they were on the way. They unpacked and took the old washing machine away as arranged. I was well pleased :-D. Sorry you haven't been as lucky :-(

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 Jan 2016 21:01

I went to Curry's for guidance on getting rid of a Trojan. I was sold a card, and had to put the numbers into a search engine.
I explained that it was the search engines that had been affected - was told it would be okay.
It wasn't - it made it worse.
Ended up taking the computer (a tower) to the shop.
Took them a week to sort it.
Brought it home - different problems :-|
Took it back.
Collected it a week later - it worked - but, despite my giving them my password, they'd overridden it, so now I don't have one.
Still, it only cost the price of the original miss-sold card :-D

I also had a fridge-freezer from Curry's.
They took away the old one, but didn't unpack the new one.

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 5 Jan 2016 21:24

Best to any complaints on the companies FB/Twitter Customer Services page. You normally get an answer of some sort.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 Jan 2016 21:30

Oh, I complained Mr M. Not just about the service I received re the computer, but also about the attitude of 'other' staff to one of the poor blokes on the 'Knowhow' desk!!!
Also voiced my dismay that a bloke was re-tuning his huge TV on the tiny 'Knowhow' desk (surely not computer related? Could have been done on the huge desk at the front of the store, overseen by one of the general bullies/staff?) so those with computer problems couldn't actually be dealt with.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Jan 2016 22:43

Finally arrived at 7.15pm. still not unpacked it as by then we were too tired.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 8 Jan 2016 22:20

ordered some meat pies from a london pie n mash shop.
delivery by courier window was 0800-1200 Friday,(today) here before 0830.....
gell pack was still frozz solid, too
cant fault that!!

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 9 Jan 2016 08:19

We bought a new dining table, chairs and sideboard and had been told it would be delivered on Thursday and we'd get a call saying when around 8.30am.

7.30am the phone went and I was told they would arrive in 5 minutes.

I was not looking my best.

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 9 Jan 2016 08:45

All you need to do is pop into the loo, there will be a knock at the door in no time at all! ;-) ;-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 9 Jan 2016 15:33

Sue, only just seen your comment. It was free delivery. OH has sent a complaint to Curries, who will probably say it is a Knowhow problem, who will say it wasn't their fault as theyw ere overloaded with orders. still we are very pleased with it. Just have to get rid of a huge bin bag of polystyrene now, horrible stuff, that will be in landfill fr years.

Annx

Annx Report 9 Jan 2016 17:06

I break up any polystyrene like that Ann and fill the bottom 6-9inches of my garden pots before topping up with compost. They are so much lighter to move then and makes the compost. go further.

It is annoying when you wait and wait past your time slot, but having just been in gridlock getting across the city near here and seeing how traffic queues are solid down to the motorway morning and night I feel a bit sorry for the drivers. It's not as if they can park easily at some addresses to deliver things either.

I remember one experience when I had some dining furniture delivered and it arrived on pallets and was dropped in the driveway in the rain and I was banking on going out to do errands once it was delivered.. :-S Luckily for me, although he wasn't supposed to (H&S), the driver helped me clear some space at the front end of the garage so he could just squeeze the pallets into the garage with his forklift. Helping me no doubt delayed his deliveries elsewhere. :-S

Very true Mayfield.......or pop in the back garden!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 9 Jan 2016 19:28

Ann I have passed that idea to he who fills pots, thank you.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 9 Jan 2016 23:01

I've also used polystyrene bits in the bottom of pots for my house plants