General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Feeling better, getting my comeuppance.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 20 Jan 2016 20:32

I must be emerging from my dark place as I am making marmalade for the first time since Fred died.

In that time my food processor has also died of old age and over-work.

Now I have had to cut up six pounds of Seville oranges by hand.

Could the extreme tedium be my punishment for making a poor old, disabled person undertake tasks he had never before attempted?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 20 Jan 2016 20:48

Fred's probably looking down, and muttering 'She's not doing it right' :-D :-D

RockyMountainShy

RockyMountainShy Report 20 Jan 2016 21:01

Like you said, Fred is just getting back at you for all those years of LOVE and making him do things he didn't want to do. ;-) <3 ;-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 21 Jan 2016 00:27

He might be right, too. I haven't made marmalade for a while and it hasn't set very well.

Serves me right for all my years of joyous abuse of the elderly.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 21 Jan 2016 00:52

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

And joyous acceptance of said 'abuse' by someone who could contribute to society (or Sharron's inclination) :-D :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 21 Jan 2016 00:56

It's not as if he had a choice.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 21 Jan 2016 01:06

He did. If he could 'do', he could refuse to 'do'.

Sharron

Sharron Report 21 Jan 2016 11:57

Of course he refused, but I knew how to disconnect the drive on his wheelchair!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 21 Jan 2016 13:04

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 22 Jan 2016 16:27

Well, I haven't made marmalade without proper supervision for a very long time and I have been a bit cocky about it this time I think.

Half the marmalade has been made and it is just about perfect and I am very proud of it but there is so much of it!

I bought seven pounds of oranges because I couldn't remember how many I used to make him do at a time and it has made enough to fill the preserving pan twice. There must be a good fifteen pounds of marmalade at least and we don't eat that much.

Anybody want some?

RockyMountainShy

RockyMountainShy Report 22 Jan 2016 20:45

ship some over here sharron, my dads not making any this year. :-D :-D my sister would like some too.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 22 Jan 2016 23:25

Could you increase that shipment to Canada, Sharron? I'd love some!

Sharron

Sharron Report 23 Jan 2016 00:09

That is quite a long way to come in my Smart isn't it?

RockyMountainShy

RockyMountainShy Report 23 Jan 2016 01:58

just go straight west, cross a little bit of water and Margee will meet you. :-D I would but there is snow in the mountains so it is too slippery. It takes hmmm 7 days by boat but your driving so I would say hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 4 days ;-)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 23 Jan 2016 03:55

better have your snorkel with you for the underwater part ;-)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 23 Jan 2016 03:57

OH now makes all the marmalade, jams and jellies in this house ............ but I have to test to see whether it's setting time or not, and then help him with the sterilised jars.

I'd send some across to you, Margee, but I think I have at least 2 more mountain ranges to cross than RMS has