General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Where is Purple??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 21 Jan 2016 12:53

Has anyone heard from Liz?

I know she was having a bad time last month,but I haven't seen her posting....might have missed something,as haven't been on the boards much,but I p.md her a couple of days ago and haven't had a reply
Maybe she is away,but do hope she is OK.

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 21 Jan 2016 13:17

Am sure she was on not too long ago Brenda but I don't remember which thread :-)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 21 Jan 2016 18:03

I saw a comment from her just a couple of days ago on one thread, she said she was having connection or laptop problems as well as some "personal" ones

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 21 Jan 2016 19:55

she is posting on facebook so hopefully she is ok :-D :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 21 Jan 2016 22:12

Hi folks

Thanks for the tip off Joy and thanks for thinking about me Brenda. I must apologise for not replyinh0g to your pm. As you can see, my tablet is doing its own thing it won't let me correct spelling errors but adds 0 and p instead. No chance to get it looked at, haven't even seen my son to ask him, as o.h. is alwats at work or rehab place with his dad and I can't have cat to get out. It's dragging me down as I have to do everything and liaise with everyone. There is a place in a care home that o.h and sisters have seen and the old boy is going to see on Sunday. He has no feeling or strength in left leg and little use of left arm and hand and is a bit incontinent but insists he wants to go home which is not feasible. He is cbecoming very abusive and unkind to his wife and family also the nurses but at least they are used to that happening, altho its not fair on them. I get the backlash at home which is getting me down.
You can see the problem with my spelling , I don't have a cat to go out in lol I meant car!

Hope things might get easier when the old boy is in the home and has more company, the other patient in his room has dementia do no conversation and gives time to dwell on his sityuation and gets paranoid. He tried to write to his solicitor to get his wife out of his house, its their 40yth anniversary this October! Luckily his writing aas illegible as his good hand keeps shakin g.
We are supposed to go away for 4 days in Feb for o.h.s birthday, only locally, but hope thats not the time o.h.s dad is moved and we have to postpone again.

Thanks again for your tjoughts and excuse the errors, it bugs me to post like this but better thannot being in touch.

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 22 Jan 2016 00:06

So glad you're OK.
We don't mind the errors...we all get predictive text,especially on tablets...
I have a friend who send me such funny messages that I have to try and decipher their meanings.
I have to look over mine before posting as there is something wrong most times.
You don't have to apologise Liz...it's just that I wondered if things were OK.
Brenda xx