General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I have just seen

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 May 2016 12:55

on facebook sad news of one of my favourite country stars. Glen Campbell has entered 'end of life care' having reached stage 7 with the Alzeimers he has suffered from since 2011. So sad for his family. Used to love his voice singing songs like wichita line man, Gentle on my mind, Rhinestone cowboy., By the time I get to Phoenix etc etc.

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 4 May 2016 13:20

So sad Ann, wonderful singer and also a favourite
of mine.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 4 May 2016 13:32

love him - have a CD in my car at the moment - went to see him here in Cardiff many years back

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 4 May 2016 13:47

I loved his songs to

may his passing be peaceful :-( :-(

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 4 May 2016 14:27

Very sad news. He was one of my favourites too. Alzheimer's us such a cruel disease and I'm glad to see they are doing much more research into it at the moment.

Kath. x

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 4 May 2016 14:54

Very sad, also Bobby Vee is suffering with it, he's only 69 almost 10 years younger than Glen.

Such a cruel disease.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 5 May 2016 02:57

How sad, I like Glen's songs. I have a special LP that was part of an American boyfriend's Thanksgiving gift when he came from the local U.S.A.F. base to cook me a Thanksgiving dinner. We lost touch over the years but any Glen Campbell song brings those nemories flooding back.

I hope he has a gentle passing.

Sad to hear about Bobby Vee too, another memory from my past.

Lizxx