General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I have lost a bag in the house,

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 5 May 2016 12:26

I have lost a bag in the house and it has all the wedding/birth certs in it.
Need help in praying to whom ever to return it.

Thanks in Advance
Sue

Rambling

Rambling Report 5 May 2016 12:50

"PRAYER TO SAINT ANTHONY
TO RECOVER LOST THINGS

O blessed St. Anthony,
the grace of God has made you a powerful advocate
in all our needs and the patron
for the restoring of things lost or stolen.
I turn to you today with childlike love and deep confidence.
You have helped countless children of God
to find the things they have lost,
material things, and, more importantly,
the things of the spirit: faith, hope, and love.
I come to you with confidence;
help me in my present need.
I recommend what I have lost to your care,
in the hope that God will restore it to me,
if it is His holy Will.

Amen. "

Alternatively, can you visualise where you last saw it Sue? Might something have fallen on top of it in a wardrobe for instance?

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 5 May 2016 13:09

Rambling Rose thanks for the prayer got to find this bag.

I have also C & P 'd it to Notebook

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 May 2016 13:25

I had heeby jeebies when dealing with hubby's estate I couldn't find the house / land deeds

I knew we had them but couldn't find them . Was able to deal with house through the land registry because they have the records online and they able to give me the register nos

A few weeks ago I decided I was ready to move on some of OH. Jackets and shoes

On hoovering the floor of the fitted wardrobe the hoover banged against something in the far corner and I found it was a metal filling box .BINGO. I took it out and opened it and there was the land registry paper work

They are now in a box with my will and other papers my daughter will need when I have departed !!!

It's annoying when you know you have paperwork put away in a safe place but cant remember where that is

Am sure yours will surface too

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 5 May 2016 14:04

I have lost the last present that husband bought me before he died ...a white gold chain with my initial.
I put it safe,but afraid it's too safe .will be here somewhere,but where??

Do you want a laugh about something lost that happened last night?
My diabetic blind trombonist friend lives alone in a big house and our little band have a band room in it where we practise every Weds.

He had been practising the day before on his own and he has false teeth that he put in to play.
Well last night he had new teeth in and they were tight and he couldn't play properly so he went to find his other,but being blind couldn't find,so I went to look in the places he thought they might be.
I looked everywhere,kitchen bedroom ,bathroom dining room etc.no luck...so we had to play without him.
When we were leaving I said I will just have another look... went into his bedroom and on the side table was a plastic container of jelly babies that he keeps there in case he has a hypo and I saw a glint of silver...lo and behold he had put them in with his sweets and the pink and white was the same colour as the sweets.

He said that his cleaner had put them in there as he hadn't....typical man....he hadnt done it???

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 5 May 2016 18:27

I got a text from my daughter yesterday re a lost item but she can't figure it out.

Early morning....getting ready for work.
She was putting in a pair earings, when the earring back slipped out of her hand.
She saw it fall inside her left hand cardigan sleeve but, it vanished.

Lunch time .
The missing earing back fell out of her right trouser leg!

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 5 May 2016 20:09

Did you eat any of the jelly babies Brenda?

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 6 May 2016 08:45

Would you fancy any jelly babies if you found some false teeth in there,Bob?
Yuk!
:-S :-S

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 6 May 2016 21:51

I appear to have 'lost' my floor!!
I've been clearing out the attic, and decided that what couldn't be displayed (under cover - I hate 'fiddly' dusting) would go out.
So, I have display boxes half made (glass goes on last), and boxes of 'stuff' waiting to be put in display boxes - when I decide where they're going :-(

ann

ann Report 8 May 2016 22:17

another Ann hi Sue if St.Anthony is busy try St. Jude. he is very good as well. Costs me a fortune between them cause Im always looking for something and if they find whatever I put some money in their box at church. If I cant find it they get half price for trying so they cant loose