General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

On reflection

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling

Rambling Report 15 Jul 2016 16:28

Ten years.....

Iris

Iris Report 15 Jul 2016 16:30

sorry rose ,am I missing something ,not sure what you mean. iris

Rambling

Rambling Report 15 Jul 2016 16:39

Nearly 31,000 posts
573 pages of threads ( = 11,444 threads I have posted on)
Too many lost friends
Quite a few laughs and probably the same number of tears
An uncountable number of ancestors found ( my own and other people's but STILL no Harriett Whetman!).

A vast amount of my admiration given to the patience ( not always) and expertise ( always) of the researchers on the board.

and now it is nearly time for......

Rambling

Rambling Report 15 Jul 2016 16:43

..... RRexit :-) ;-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 15 Jul 2016 16:57

You won't be able to resist having a peek and getting riled about a thread. You'll be back :-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 15 Jul 2016 17:03

:-) DET

Is £20 just to respond when you get riled a bargain ? ;-)

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 15 Jul 2016 17:04

Absolute bargain, our Rose.

You absolutely can't go.

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 15 Jul 2016 17:04

Leave it out Rose....you know you can't do without GR and GR can't do without you

Rambling

Rambling Report 15 Jul 2016 17:05

But Guinevere, you post what I am thinking anyway lolol :-)

edit to add, but with much more patience and better grammar ;-)

Rambling

Rambling Report 15 Jul 2016 17:08

I think it can Susan lol, there are enough helpers on FA etc, and not enough queries to go round...though I do enjoy the FLR 'quests' in particular :-)

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 15 Jul 2016 17:08

Precious little patience sometimes, Rose.

My renewal is due next month and for the first time I'm thinking about not renewing. I haven't had a new contact for months.

As you know I have other stuff going on at the moment.

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 15 Jul 2016 17:19

Mine is due next month too and I doubt very much if I will be renewing either.

Andrew

Andrew Report 15 Jul 2016 17:22

Mine is due this month as well.

Will the last person out please switch off the lights.

Andy

Rambling

Rambling Report 15 Jul 2016 17:25

Guinevere and Susan, I suppose we have all reached a point at which there are fewer benefits from being here and more and more that we need or want to do elsewhere :-)

My tree is on Tribal pages, so no matches here...not that I ever had any good ones, and have gone about as far with it as I am likely to get.

Rambling

Rambling Report 15 Jul 2016 17:25

Andy you will be missed :-)

Rambling

Rambling Report 15 Jul 2016 17:28

btw a bit off topic but I asked GR AGAIN about the lack of the advanced search ( which is a real pain when you are trying to see if a query has been posted before) and this was the answer.

"Thanks for your email. I am truly sorry for the length of time it is taking for our technical team to look into this problem.

At this stage, I am unable to say how long it is likely to be before we receive a response from our technical team, but please be assured that they are working through all the queries they have as quickly as possible.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience this causes, and we thank you for your continued patience."

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 15 Jul 2016 17:29

Rose u have left more times than iv had hot dinners, ;-) u either wont leave, or will be back soon enough lol,

;-) iv been not renewing for the last 5 yr but somehow still end u staying, altho i tend to look in less n less often.

Rambling

Rambling Report 15 Jul 2016 17:35

Only once actually Stray, which is why I had to pay £19.95 last time, but you have to admit fewer and fewer people post now...that's the same on the other boards too.

I can buy 2 certs for that money ;-) and it won't raise my bp or hurt my hand to do so :-)

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 15 Jul 2016 18:00

Feels like youve had more than one leaving thread over the years, yeah i think the reduction on price makes me stay a bit, i look in but dont often post, however i know if i stopped and something grabbed me when looking im, im paying way more to join again to add,

plus uzzi meets are worth staying for alone lol,

iv met some amazing life long friends on here, some i speak with everyday, some i think of with fondness everyday, there is just somthing that stops me not renewing.

But yes less n less people post on the boards sometimes they dont move for days, not like in the old days where ya had trouble keeping up...
Usually on a friday bun fight night ;-)

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 15 Jul 2016 18:17

I'm due to renew on Sunday.

Suppose it will be round about the £20 mark again