General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

William Edge 1884 , 1889

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Aug 2016 13:57

I have 2 birth certificates which turned out to be the wrong ones for me, I am happy to pass them on if either are of any use to fellow researchers.

William Edge 03.07.1884 Father Thomas an Iron Turner , Mother Mary Ann formerly Warburton, address 8 Ruthin Street Pendleton

William Edge 21.06.1889, Father Arthur Edge a wheelwright , Mother Hannah formerly Hall. Address 56 Bury Lane Pendlebury

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 3 Aug 2016 15:34

That's a kind offer Margaret. Have you thought of using the Seach all members trees facility? If anyone list either likely men, you could get in touch that way.

You might also consider adding a Post'em to their entries on freebmd. The basic details would help another researcher decide if the record is correct for 'their' William.

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Aug 2016 09:04

Thanks for the tip, I didn't know I could add a post'em to freebmd, I will try that.

I did search members trees and send messages to those who I thought may have the "right" William but got no replies , so I thought the message boards was worth a try as I didn't want to just bin them,
Thanks again

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 6 Aug 2016 20:22

You could put it t on this site

www.certificate-exchange.co.uk/

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Aug 2016 13:32

Many thanks, I have not heard of this site before , it sounds very useful so will certainly add my two certificates and also check for ones I need too. Thanks again