General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Wow........misunderstanding or what...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Caroline

Caroline Report 5 Sep 2016 22:44

"Dear Caroline

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention.

Our support team don't have the mechanism to accurately review or monitor postings on our website, but we do have a dedicated moderation team to deal with these situations.

The next time that you notice an offensive posting on the message boards, please click on the 'report' just above the post.

You'll then see instructions on screen which will enable you to accurately record the details of your objection, and the item will be manually reviewed by our Moderation Team.

Many thanks in advance of your understanding and co-operation.

With kind regards,

Jenni Paton
Genes Reunited Support Team"

I asked them why they were always just removing threads when someone RR them without actually saying why etc !!!!! :-S

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 Sep 2016 23:27

You know the Mutant Ninja Turtles were the 'Heroes with a Half-Shell?'

Are GR admin, 'Admin with a half interest'?

Do you think the 'admin' has been moved to somewhere where they don't have to pay more than 50p a week and the 'staff' are given 2 or 3 e-mails to send as and when?

Caroline

Caroline Report 6 Sep 2016 00:17

To be fair they are dedicated. ....and they didn't say they were trained to moderate these types of situations. ...poor thing..never thought it might be someone in a sweat shop somewhere. .I was thinking more a damp dungeon. ..

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 6 Sep 2016 00:52

there are certain standard replies to any and all communications to them

I've only seen 2 names attached to any responses that I've seen over the last 12-18 months

I've also seen one of those names on a response on FMP's Facebook page ............. so must be doing double duty

Caroline

Caroline Report 6 Sep 2016 02:29

I get standard replies but at least get the right side of the situation ! I'm just impressed they replied at all. .....

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 6 Sep 2016 03:38

true!

Caroline

Caroline Report 6 Sep 2016 04:16

Bless em

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 6 Sep 2016 06:37

It's getting worse. About a year ago someone reported a post of mine for no good reason. I wrote to support to complain. They wrote back to say it would be restored and they were monitoring the RR situation.

But they had deleted the whole thread by then.

Caroline

Caroline Report 6 Sep 2016 14:34

"Dear Caroline

Thank you for your email.

We cannot discuss individual postings, but please be assured that our moderation team follow strict guidelines and individually examine each report that is made to them.

A posting is only removed from the site if it breaches our message board guidelines. Here's a link to those guidelines for your reference:

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/content.page/message_board_guidelines

It would not be in our interest to remove postings unnecessarily nor to accept postings which breach our guidelines, and we follow a tight moderation policy to ensure that a consistent approach is adopted.

If you believe that other inappropriate postings remain on the site, please let us know by clicking on the 'report' link which you'll see above each posting.

Many thanks for your co-operation.

With kind regards,

Karen Allan
Genes Reunited Support Team"

Today answer from them !! So that's two replies two people so by Sylvia knowledge that's it for the staff...........lets see what happens now !!!........good to know they keep a tight eye on it and it's not abused .... :-)

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 6 Sep 2016 14:45

So... If anyone was to RR this thread, the moderation team would read it, find nothing offensive, and leave it alone?

I dare someone to put it to the test.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Sep 2016 16:41

GL :-D :-D naughty!!

Caroline

Caroline Report 6 Sep 2016 18:21

Tempting isn't it...........
The odds though are of course it would be deleted....

I don't expect a positive answer from them but.....

Caroline

Caroline Report 6 Sep 2016 18:22

and GL that's the dedicated moderation team not just any old team.. :-P

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 6 Sep 2016 19:12

Jenni actually was a new name to me :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 6 Sep 2016 19:12

GL ............

by recent practice ................ this thread would go :-D

Caroline

Caroline Report 7 Sep 2016 01:37