General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Black List

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 7 Sep 2016 00:51

Just added another one to my Black List ....... first one for a couple of years :-D

Advised person not to do something because it was another of GR's quirks that it didn't work

Got an email saying "Don't tell me what to do. Your post was irrelevant"

Told person I was sorry they didn't like receiving information on something that was wrong with GR, on the thread

Next posting "Yawn"

that's it ............. another one hits the dust as far as I am concerned :-D :-D

Caroline

Caroline Report 7 Sep 2016 01:29

Talk about thank less....

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 7 Sep 2016 03:10

precisely!!

and I'm currently deciding whether to renew before the 9th!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 7 Sep 2016 07:21

Good Grief!

Fancy taking all the effort to contact you, only to reveal themselves to be an arse :-S

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 7 Sep 2016 07:31

OOOOH, norty word, norty word, Maggie. :-0

Watch out that the a*** doesn't Report you. :-D :-D :-D

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 7 Sep 2016 07:49

I still find it unbelievable that some people can respond like that Sylvia - so ungrateful. Were they first time posters?

Just think though, if you don't renew, your little black book will lie neglected and forlorn :-D

Maggie does rather hit the nail on the head.... ;-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 7 Sep 2016 08:02

A slight change to the old saying:
'Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt' comes to mind.

The person could have thought what they did about Sylvia's comment, but why contact her, just to be unpleasant?

I stand by my first comment :-D

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 7 Sep 2016 08:25

Don't mince your words, Maggie. :-D :-D :-D

Sylvia, you have a black list :-0 :-D

Barbra

Barbra Report 7 Sep 2016 10:51

I have said more than once I am leaving GR ? some people don't deserve help or friendship .Sylvia if you leave your subs will go up next time you join .I just post & add an odd comment .wish it was like the old days fun & worth joining in Barbra

Allan

Allan Report 7 Sep 2016 10:51

What a w****r :-|

I have received much help over the years I've been a member, a good deal of it from Canadian members, and every single bit has been very much appreciated :-D :-D

I'll leave it there, otherwise I might not be as gentle as Maggie

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 7 Sep 2016 15:32

How very unpleasant! Why bother to ask for help at all if you only want people to agree with you? :-| :-|

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 7 Sep 2016 16:12

Well, there's at least one member who has volunteered that they have a mental condition & does express frustration. Excluding Depression, there could be more.
If you don't think that was apparent, then your respondent was just bad mannered. It's easy enough to say 'thank you for the advice' then ignore it.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 7 Sep 2016 17:20

Cynthia ..... they were not first time posters

DET ............. I'm pretty certain that there is not a mental condition, just arrogance and bad manners.

Andysmum ............ the person wasn't disagreeing about finding what was wanted. I had found proof that a death suggested could not be for the person, and that was post ticked as correct. BUT the question was still not replied, and I was also told that it was already known that was not the one.

I replied by saying that I had posted the proof to rule out that death, and then went on to say "For future reference, please do not use the tick function unless your question has been completely answered, as it cannot be reversed ......."

I'm still not sure which was the irrelevant post!!

maggie and Allan............ yep!

JL ............. I do indeed have a "little black book", it has about 40 names in it garnered over the last 10 or so years, some of them downright nasty people. Fortunately most of them have not been on site for years, some were very short-lived members, a few were banned by GR.

Some of the older members may recognize some of the names if I ever posted.

And, some, of course, I forgot were on the Black List and helped them in future years :-D

Barbra .......... if I leave I will not return. I do not believe that GR is worth any more than what they are currently charging me :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 7 Sep 2016 17:25

This is exactly what I posted that he said "don't tell me what to do"

"For future reference, please do NOT tick ANY post unless your request has been completely answered.

The tick function was designed to show that you needed no more help ............ but unfortunately there is no way to remove the tick once applied.

Please do NOT remove this thread because there is a lot of help on it, and all that work will only be repeated if you delete this and start a new thread.

This will only annoy the helpers, and eventually could lead to them no longer wishing to help you.

Instead, please change the title to add " --- Help still needed""
------

This was to a person who has got several threads on the same topic ............... Chris Ho seems to have had a similar response from him about something, and something about her first RR ......... not sure whether of her or by her :-0