General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

did you know?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 1 Oct 2016 17:34

One of my ex-GR friends has received an email ............

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 1 Oct 2016 17:35

from GR ...........

"When will we see you again?
It seems like ages since you've visited us xxxxxxxxx, and we reckon you've missed us nearly as much as we've missed you.

There is nothing quite like finding a long lost relative or discovering an interesting fact about an ancestor (maybe a military award or a foreign branch of the family that you never knew existed). If looking back at your research stirs you to start digging again you can renew your subscription at any time.

Our records team constantly search high and low for documentation that could just be the missing piece to your family jigsaw. With new members flocking to us every day it becomes even more likely that someone in our community shares a relative with you or has information that could be of use.

Genes Reunited would love to help you resume the exciting trip down memory lane."

The ex-GR's comment was .......

I have to say this with an American accent:
"They have a records team?"
--------------

I have friend's permission to post this :-D

did anyone else know there is a Records Team??????

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Oct 2016 17:37

They have a team, any team? It must be when the FMP 'team' are waiting for the kettle to boil ;-)

Island

Island Report 1 Oct 2016 18:18

They certainly have a broken record team.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 1 Oct 2016 19:07

The new members flocking to them don't post on the boards much, do they.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 1 Oct 2016 19:13

I wonder how many exes have received similar emails ???????

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 1 Oct 2016 21:09

Vera, that was exactly what I thought!

Kath. x

Allan

Allan Report 1 Oct 2016 22:16

I received a similar a similar message when I accidentally let my membership lapse a couple of years ago.

I suppose I'll receive another one when I intentionally let it lapse again for good :-|

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 1 Oct 2016 22:46

you have to have at least two people to make a team

Barry_

Barry_ Report 2 Oct 2016 06:50

... an' four to make The A-Team, Ann.
Jus' sayin'!

Kense

Kense Report 3 Oct 2016 09:43

You can have animals in a team. :-D :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 Oct 2016 10:35

If they were more consistent and fair with their charges they would not lose people. The new members joining probably don't know that once members they wont get a lot of help from 'the records team'.