General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mad woman freezing to death.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 18 Jan 2017 10:35

That stray cat I was trying to entice in has never come in to stay but visits nightly via the back door to eat biscuits in the kitchen so, now it is too cold to leave the door open for it, the cat-flap as taped permanently open.

On New Years Day another cat appeared on the front window sill so I give it a saucer of biscuits on the window sill every morning and leave the window open so I can talk to it, which is not too bad while the sun is on the window. I tell myself things look hopeful with this one.

I hope it doesn't belong to somebody because I really don't want to be known as that batty old woman who steals cats. Batty old woman, fine, cat stealer, well that is another matter entirely!

So, with the cat flap and the window open the win id hustling through here some days like a mighty hurricane.

David

David Report 18 Jan 2017 10:50

St Francis will smile on you :-D Don't catch cold, it's hard to get shot of.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 18 Jan 2017 14:02

Cats protection have many cats who are looking for forever homes

they will have been "done" and vaccinated

we got Mr Tibbs in June 2015 and he is great company for me now

wish he didn't think one up all up at 5am though !!!!

i have had to close him out of the bedroom cos door and drawer gaps need clawing at to open . I dont want damaged furniture .

he was 2 years old when we got him . the background was his owners were being evicted and couldn't take him with them

a small fee is the only cost to rehome

Tabitha

Tabitha Report 18 Jan 2017 14:11

I seem to have cats following me home

My little stray we adopted over 4 years ago takes exception to others in "HIs" garden

He is one of the most pampered cats around & really fell on his paws when he found our garden to move in to.

Every time he scratches me or dives at my ankles i tell him how lucky he is i dont put him out again & then he curls up on hubby's lap & looks adorable - butter wouldn't melt

Sharron

Sharron Report 18 Jan 2017 14:39

I have only ever deliberately been out to find a cat once, otherwise I wait and one will come along who can see the invisible word 'MUG' tattooed on my forehead.

There could well also be an invisible big flashing neon sign outside my house that advertizes a good home for stray cats.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 18 Jan 2017 17:05

Many years ago now my daughter was "adopted" by a mangy ginger tom. She put notices up in local shops etc and told the local vets but no-one claimed him. So she rang the local Cats Protection branch and asked how she would stand if she got the cat neutered and then its owner turned up. They told her to go ahead and they would back her.

Cutting a long story short, with a lot of tlc and some large vets' bills, he turned in to the most beautiful cat I have ever seen.

One day she was outside cutting a hedge with Big Ginge in attendance when a little old lady came along and said "That looks like my cat that went missing". Daughter's heart sank until the lady said "Mind you, I was glad to see the back of the little s*d" and marched off.

Big Ginge stayed with daughter and her other animals until he died, a very old man.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 18 Jan 2017 23:04

Last week, we 'had' a cat at work!
He's incredibly friendly - and smart. :-D

For some unknown reason the heat at work is unbearable - and damp (I wear glasses, and no matter what I clean them in, as soon as I walk in, they steam up).

Anyway, because of this, windows are often open.
So in he comes. He's picked up (purring furiously) and put out the door.
The window is 'pushed too'.
Two minutes later, the cat is on the window sill, has pushed the window open, and is in the building again! :-D :-D

All windows are shut. We became a bit worried about him - he would meow and run up to anyone/everyone who went outside, and hover around the door with intent'. No-one wanted him locked inside - but did he have a home?
Three people were willing to 'take him on' if he was a stray (which he didn't look like).
Anyway, the weather got colder, and he hasn't been seen since, so we can only presume he's recently moved into a house in the area, and likes company - but has the sense to stay in his house when it's cold!
If he was a stray, the cold weather would be the time to make a real attempt to get into the office and hide. :-D
He also looks quite a bit like a Burmese - another reason he's unlikely to be a stray.

Sharron

Sharron Report 19 Jan 2017 11:23

There was a Burman lived wild round here for years. He never visited me but I think he had other feeding stations.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 19 Jan 2017 22:03

This one appears to be a 'fair weather' visitor, he hasn't been around since it turned cold. :-D