General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

He gets it wrong.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 26 Jan 2017 11:20

I think I have explained before that our 'friend' M exaggerates everything and gets most things wrong before you have even finished telling him.

OH was asking what I wanted for my birthday and I said there was nothing I wanted much apart from some Epsom salts which make a lovely bath so maybe I would be getting a sack which he might like to contribute to. M was there.

It was not until later that I began to wonder what he had been telling people I wanted.

No doubt I will hear back eventually that I wanted baking powder or icing sugar to go in the bath. Can't wait to find out!

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 26 Jan 2017 11:27

I'll throw in a bit of flour and some cherries and you will be a good way towards a cake :-D :-D :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 26 Jan 2017 11:31

I am not going in the oven although my mate managed to get her four little boys all in the bath together one afternoon. I think it was the only way she knew where they all were.

We were wondering about chucking a few carrots and onions in the bath with them and putting a primus underneath. Just a thought!

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 26 Jan 2017 20:17

We used to have a neighbour who got everything wrong .......... she was also extremely nosy and watched everything that was going on in the neighbourhood, although this could work out well at times.

It was politic however to let her know if workmen were going to be around your house while you were at work, or else the police would be called.

So, we were having major work done ............. siding taken off, urea foam insulation removed because no longer legal in Canada, and new siding put on.

I went across the street and told her that the men would be arriving "tomorrow" to this remedial work. I think I mentioned that we had to have it done or else we would be unable to sell the house IF we ever wanted to.

One week later, the next-door neighbour saw me, and said that she was sorry to hear that our marriage had broken up.

The story she had was that we were separating, the house was going to be sold, and I was going to live in Australia while OH stayed in Canada. :-0 :-S

The only thing that was missing was where our 10 year old was going to live

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 26 Jan 2017 20:20

:-D :-D :-D :-D Sharron, I love kids but I can't eat a whole one ;-) :-D :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 27 Jan 2017 00:29

I think these would have been particularly tough!

M was telling me how one of the neighbours ,who is still a tenant like I am , was letting out three of their four bedrooms to lodgers, illegally. I explained to him that we had all had letters from the housing association asking if we could let a room at all because they were needed.

A couple of weeks later I heard him telling Fred's mate, also a housing association tenant, that these people were letting out their rooms to lodgers "illegally of course". I asked him how it was illegal and he told me, AGAIN, that the housing association didn't like it.

I saw somebody we both know in town alone so he wondered if her husband might have died. As far as I know, this woman is allowed out on her own!

RockyMountainShy

RockyMountainShy Report 27 Jan 2017 06:57

Well no Sharron, married woman should never be allowed out on their own. It might be illegal or something too, and they are surely up to no good. :-0

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 27 Jan 2017 09:28

:-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 RMS. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 27 Jan 2017 14:03

Oh,of course

.As an old maid myself I have not had to think about any of that sort of thing!