General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Who Do You Think You Are ?

Page 0 + 1 of 8

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 23 Jun 2017 09:46

Next group of people to be researched............

http://www.whodoyouthinkyouaremagazine.com/news/who-do-you-think-you-are-2017-celebrities-revealed

Tabitha

Tabitha Report 23 Jun 2017 10:20

Well it will be different

Two I have never heard of and Three I know the names or faces of but never actually seen them do anything.

I will be interested in seeing Craig, Lulu and Charles Dance

Always look forward to a new series

Mersey

Mersey Report 23 Jun 2017 10:22

Not a bad line up this year :-) thanks for posting Gwyn :-)

Von

Von Report 23 Jun 2017 11:16

Thanks for posting Gwyn
Didn't realise it was starting so soon :-D :-D

Interesting line up

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 23 Jun 2017 12:04

Most of them I've heard of and some should be very interesting.

As for Ruby Wax's degree - mindfulness based cognitive behavioural therapy - what on earth is it?? :-S :-S No, don't answer that.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 23 Jun 2017 12:08

Andy's Mum, :-D :-D :-D

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 23 Jun 2017 13:07

Thanks Gwyn one of my favourite programmes, looking forward
to this new series :-)

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 23 Jun 2017 14:53

A good line up I would say. The only one I don't know is Noel Clarke (I don't watch Dr. Who).

Kath. x

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 23 Jun 2017 16:01

Looks interesting line up but can't stand Lulu.

Thanks Gwyn for posting the info.

Chrissie2394

Chrissie2394 Report 24 Jun 2017 01:28

Thanks for posting the info Gwyn.

Chrissie

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 24 Jun 2017 01:44

Andysmum, I worked in a department who organised courses for care homes, and I occasionally went along to the first one to 'proof read' the powerpoints (ie did it make sense).
One of the courses was 'mindfulness'.
As someone who has 'acquired' all the genealogical stuff from my mum, I'm not sure if I still have the box of cr*p we were meant to save for 'the moments' :-D :-D

Didn't do my nephew (diagnosed with bi-polar over 25 years ago) much good, because 3 years ago,(after years of mind-changing drugs) 'they' realised he was suffering from Lyme disease. He lives in the New Forest. D'oh!!!

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 6 Jul 2017 15:20

Reminder -

WDYTYA - at 9pm tonight BBC 1 :-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 6 Jul 2017 16:31

Thanks for the reminder I keep missing it

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 6 Jul 2017 17:32

Brill, thanks for the reminder, Elizabeth :-)

I didn't realise that the series was starting so soon.

and thanks Gwyn for the info thread:-)

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 6 Jul 2017 18:51

Thanks Gwyn xxx

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 6 Jul 2017 19:16

Thank you for the reminder :-D :-D

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 6 Jul 2017 22:46

I thought it was a very interesting and entertaining start to the new series :-)

I thought Charles was the image of his Belgian 3x Great Grandmother! :-D

I'm looking forward to the rest of the series

:-)

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 Jul 2017 23:32

Anyone notice that on the electoral roll for them, there appeared to be another couple of Dance names? unless I was seeing things lol.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 7 Jul 2017 00:04

When he went to SA to meet his niece (his sister Norah's daughter) did anyone recall him saying to the three boys that he was their great great uncle rather than their great uncle? They were his niece's sons and not grandsons weren't they or did I miss something?

I enjoyed this though so I hope next week's is just as good - Craig Revel Horwood. I saw him on stage when he was very young.

Of this year's subjects, I'm afraid to say that I've never heard of Emma Willis and Noel Clarke.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 7 Jul 2017 02:14

I thought the girl who told him about Nonie (was that her name?) said she was sister Norah's granddaughter and Charles Dance's great niece so her sons would be his 2 x great nephews.

I too noticed the other Dance names on the electoral roll. One of them was a Lilian so I thought they were going to produce another half sister for him. I thought it strange they didn't at least comment on them but I suppose they have time constraints.