General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

He's on.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 23 Jun 2017 19:58

Going to watch Kris Kristofferson at Glastonbury.

He turned 81 yesterday.

ShelleyRose

ShelleyRose Report 23 Jun 2017 22:39

my oh recorded him, oh thought he was doing great, I'm not so sure, thought his voice was a bit weak on some songs, but still good for his age. :-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 23 Jun 2017 22:44

And for what may have gone into that body over the years!

Caroline

Caroline Report 23 Jun 2017 22:51

Haven't seen his performance, but if he can go there and do the show at 81 with his history good on him.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 24 Jun 2017 01:28

81!!!! Good grief!

Sharron

Sharron Report 24 Jun 2017 11:49

So we finally know what the younger generation was coming to then.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 24 Jun 2017 11:55

......yet 'they' still insist people in old people's homes remember, and love, Vera Lynn :-S

Do you think, in the future - if we still have care homes - that they will advertise themselves as a 'Heavy Metal' home, or a 'Ska - loving' home?

Personally, I can think of nothing worse than spending my dotage in a room with either Status Quo or Abba music invading my peace.

Sharron

Sharron Report 24 Jun 2017 12:14

I have wondered for a long time what the care homes will be like. I expect they will just carry on with the Vera Lynne because it is that is the accepted thing for old people to love.

Caroline

Caroline Report 24 Jun 2017 12:53

Nooo.... I've long laughed at the thought of an old people's home booming out the Sex Pistols songs :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 25 Jun 2017 15:31

I have been reading an article about KK and it seems that he thought he might be going the same way as Glenn Campbell with dementia because his memory was failing and he was not that well, plus the weed has probably not done him any favours but he had numerous tests and it was found that he has been suffering from Lyme disease for years.

Sharron

Sharron Report 25 Jun 2017 15:31

I have been reading an article about KK and it seems that he thought he might be going the same way as Glenn Campbell with dementia because his memory was failing and he was not that well, plus the weed has probably not done him any favours but he had numerous tests and it was found that he has been suffering from Lyme disease for years.

Caroline

Caroline Report 25 Jun 2017 16:52

Makes you wonder how many dementia patients might actually be going through the same thing then doesn't it?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 25 Jun 2017 17:01

One of my nephews was diagnosed with bi-polar over 20 years ago.
He had to leave Uni, and has been on anti-depressants, and other prescribed mind altering drugs since then.

About 5 years ago, he was diagnosed with Lyme Disease - that he'd had for over 20 years...
He never had bi-polar.

He's now being slowly weaned off the anti-depressants...

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 25 Jun 2017 17:10

Barry Gibb on at 6pm today,

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 25 Jun 2017 18:04

No chance anybody wanted to see Radiohead then.

Sharron

Sharron Report 25 Jun 2017 19:07

No.

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 26 Jun 2017 22:17

I was in a Charity Shop in a remote Scottish Town this weekend. They had a 1970's disco CD blasting out and the helpers, visitors and me were singing and dancing along.
OH wasn't impressed.

Chris :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 26 Jun 2017 22:18

:-D :-D :-D