General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

MCDOWALL STRANRAER

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

**~~**  Mad Moo  **~~**

**~~** Mad Moo **~~** Report 25 Jan 2007 13:14

Hi everybody, I have in my possession a birth cert for Elizabeth Wilson MCDOWALL Born 1872 Stranraer along with what I believe are related photographs. They really are of no use to my family and would happily give them to anybody that thinks they are relevant to theirs . Regards Claire xx

kellygirl

kellygirl Report 18 Apr 2016 10:16

Hi Claire,
I am researching the McDowall family from Stranrarer and we have lots of George and Elizabeths in the family. so i am thinking there will possibly be a connection. Looks like the early McDowall family were from Kerry Ireland, but yet to conform this as irish work slow and costly. Would love to see what you have as it may be a match. I am doing this tree for my daughter's friend as she has Murdoch in her McDowall line as we do too and thought i could link us all up!! Rehards
Heather Kennerley

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 18 Apr 2016 10:22

It is over 9 years since Claire posted this thread so I doubt that she is still checking in. You could try clicking on her name and sending a private message. If she has an up to date email address registered with Genes she will be notified that she has a message from you.

Kath. x

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 18 Apr 2016 10:22

Heather, as this thread is so old (2007) send Claire a PM by clicking on her name.
If her account is still linked to a current email address, she'll be notified & able to reply.

kellygirl

kellygirl Report 18 Apr 2016 10:42

Thank you ladies for the advice. I also thought it a long way back but was worth a shot!

Thank you xx