General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WHITTON

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sally

Sally Report 12 Jul 2005 18:04

My grand mother was called Annie Whitton from Tiverton Devon Born around 1870-80. She met my grandad during WW1 when she was a cook at Sandringham. They came back to live in Manchester, and had two sons. Her life is a blank, she died in 1949. I would appreciate any help.

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 12 Jul 2005 18:07

Hi Try posting on records board, someone may be able to help you, also add them to trying to find boards, someone will show you how to do this if you have difficulty. Good luck in your search Elaine x

The Bag

The Bag Report 12 Jul 2005 18:19

There are lots of Whitton's born in Tiverton, on the 1901. census. Unfortunately none of them are called Annie. does any one recall any of her siblings names? Jess

The Bag

The Bag Report 12 Jul 2005 18:21

there are 3 that may be the reference for her birth, 1 & 2 more likely than the 3rd Whitton, Annie 1883 June Births Tiverton Devon Somerset WHITTON, Annie Taylor 1887 September Births Tiverton Devon Somerset WHITTON, Florence Annie M 1898 March Births Plymouth Devon 1 Family Annie Whitton abt 1883 Halberton, Devon, England Daughter Tiverton Devon Bessie Whitton abt 1861 Tiverton, Devon, England Wife Tiverton Devon William Whitton abt 1860 Halberton, Devon, England Head Tiverton Devon William John Whitton abt 1891 Halberton, Devon, England Son Tiverton Devon

Pamela

Pamela Report 9 Apr 2014 17:12

I am trying to find out more about Albert Whitton who had a farm in Tiverton, he had a son James, and daughters Mable, Mary, Jennette, Albert and Francie.
Have you any information on them
Pam Turner my husband's grandmother is Mary.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 9 Apr 2014 17:41

Welcome to the boards Pamela.

If you think that Sally can help, then click on her name to send a message. If she still has the same registered email address, she will be notified.

It might be best if you were to start a new thread of your own on Find Ancestors. Please give as much detail as you have - full names, yob, who they married & when etc etc.