Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Derek Stanley Hart (Australia)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lindsay

Lindsay Report 27 Jun 2012 12:06

Our names are Nicola and Lindsay Hart and we are looking for our dad.
His name is Derek Stanley Hart and he moved to Australia in 1981 from Fleetwood, Lancashire after separating from Lesley Margaret Hart (nee Hirst) and he hasn't been seen or heard from since. He was born in 1955.

Any help would be appreciated - we would very much like to know he is ok and hopefully meet him.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 27 Jun 2012 12:23

Lindsay, welcome to the boards.
You need to remove his birth date - ID theft & all that!
I suggest you put 'Australia' in your heading.
Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 27 Jun 2012 12:25

Just note - there is no matching birth record which exactly matches your info. Do you know where he was born? I am thinking maybe we can identify siblings, might help.
Jan

Lindsay

Lindsay Report 27 Jun 2012 13:12

Hi brummiejan

Thanks for the replies. I have also struggled to find an exact match for his birth but have had more luck with siblings through Genes - we have Janine Hart, Bryn Hart and Christopher White. His mother is Shirley White (nee Wolstenholme) father I am not sure of. I know Shirley married a Renner White and have found a record for this but I'm not sure who my fathers dad is. I have also managed to find marriage records for my Derek Hart and Lesley Hirst (my dad and mum). But I am still trying to locate the whereabouts of my dad.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lindsay

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 27 Jun 2012 17:36

I assume you are saying he was born before his mother married. There is only one possible birth, and that is Worksop 1957, no middle name, so doesn't seem very promising. I know you aren't looking for his birth as such, so mustn't get too sidetracked!
Are you in contact with his siblings at all?
Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 27 Jun 2012 17:42

I think she was married before. Will send details.
Jan

Lindsay

Lindsay Report 4 Jul 2012 09:00

Hi Jan

Thanks for all your help. I am going to do a bit more digging today with family so will hopefully get some more answers. If it helps Shirley's maiden name was Wolstenholme so I think you are right that she must have been married more than once but hopefully I'll be able to resolve that today. Going back to the two possible married names you emailed me for Shirley I noticed they both have the same year/quarter of registration - could this be right?

Thanks again

Lindsay

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 4 Jul 2012 09:05

Lindsay,

Your previous post said Shirley's maiden name was Hart.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 4 Jul 2012 09:12

Will send you Derek's birth. It's under Smith.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 4 Jul 2012 09:28

Looks like another sibling called Neil.

Rose

Lindsay

Lindsay Report 5 Jul 2012 14:38

Hi Rose

Shirley's maiden name is definitely Wolstenholme, but I'm not sure of the other Sibling you found - Neil, could you send me the details?

thanks for your help

Lindsay

bryn

bryn Report 18 Jan 2015 02:48

Hi Lyndsey, just stumbled on your search for Derek Stanley Hart born Smith. I too am trying to locate Derek as he is my brother. I believe he visited the UK a few years ago and visited Janine and Shirley who both live together, now at Stannah. I don`t speak to either of them so I can`t find any information out from them, but you may be able to ask Janine for information. I will give you as much information as I can and would appreciate information in return. I have no clue myself who Neil is, as I`ve never heard that name mentioned. We used to live in Failsworth / Manchester, so Derek may be registered being born there. You and Nicola can both google my home phone number, I live on Promenade Road, Fleetwood. You are both welcome anytime. My name is Bryn Hart, Derek`s brother. Good Luck with your search.x

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 18 Jan 2015 12:06

Welcome to the Boards bryn

As Lindsay last posted in 2012, she may not be checking this thread any more.

Click on her name to send her a personal message - as long as she still uses the same email address, GR will notify her that you are trying to get in contact.

Good luck xx