Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

samuel scott irish lookup

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

sharonrose

sharonrose Report 23 Feb 2013 21:04

Looking for the family of Samuel scott, had dauughter mary jane scott who married william allison 1910 whitewell northern ireland,, shown in 1911 census but in 1901 census shows her mother as eliza m but would like to find her maiden name to help me trace my ancestors on this side. any help will be grateful

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 24 Feb 2013 08:13

Where is Whitewell and can you add when these people were born? Without dates it's hard to help.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 24 Feb 2013 08:26

You said Whitewell but do you mean Whitehouse?

1901 Residents of a house 96 in Upper Whitehouse Street (Whitehouse, Antrim)
Show all information
Surname Forename Age Sex Relation to head Religion
Scott Henrietta 19 Female Daughter Church of Ireland
Scott Mary J 11 Female Daughter Church of Ireland
Scott Samuel 42 Male Head of Family Church of Ireland
Scott John 13 Male Son Church of Ireland
Scott Samuel 15 Male Son Church of Ireland
Scott Eliza M 50 Female Wife Church of Ireland

Rose

sharonrose

sharonrose Report 24 Feb 2013 12:47

Yes thats the place but on searching these census in 1901 and 1911 i notice that there is 2 scott families with nearly the same people and ages so I am confused wondering if the family had 2 houses.

They lived at Wellington place or court and in the burail records its the same address but the difference is Mary Jane not there on the wellington address in Belfast.

I have even tried to find the births for the children but they dont show on UHF or emeraldancestry nor at GRO which I have searched while on holiday in Belfast.

So I am unable to find Eliza M maiden name as I believe it may possibly help me locate the rest of BDM for the family.

Dont no where else to look until I have her death or any of the family.

Maura

Maura Report 24 Feb 2013 18:19

If your searching the city cemetery site for burial of the Scott family from the Whitewell, its very unlikely they are buried there, the nearest cemetery to the Whitewell is Carnmoney and there records are not online.

sharonrose

sharonrose Report 26 Feb 2013 18:35

Thank you Maura, I was talking to a family member last night and they said they maybe buried in Mullusk with the Allison in laws, I cant find any marriage or births for the scotts only the Allison to Mary Scott.

Maura

Maura Report 26 Feb 2013 19:17

Mallusk
County : Antrim

Denomination :

Graveyard Name : Mallusk

Civil Parish : Templepatrick

Town / Townland : Grange of Molusk

OS Reference : J286833

http://www.historyfromheadstones.com/index.php?searches

sharonrose

sharonrose Report 10 Oct 2016 21:20

I am told that Mary Jane Scott mother was Mary Eliza Marcus (marquis her dad henry) a d possible from Scotland before co.antrim, I'm not sure if Mary Eliza who married Samuel Scott is buried in carmoney grave with her Hus a d but Mary Jane Allison new Scott is buried at carmoney. Please can I ask for a bit of help with the buried graveyard as I can't find d her but range is in between 1901 and 1911 she shows in 1901 census for belfast. Thank you

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 12 Oct 2016 11:49

Is this the Mary Eliza Marquis you mention?

Mary Eliza Marquis
in the Ireland, Civil Registration Marriages Index, 1845-1958
Name: Mary Eliza Marquis
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec, 1880
Registration district: Belfast, Ireland
Volume: 1
Page Number: 334
FHL Film Number: 101253
Records on Page:
Name
Alexander Hughes
Samuel Scott <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Mary Eliza Marcis <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Mary Anne Thompson
Mary Eliza Marquis <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Lucy Fawcett
Robert Fry
Annie Martha Quarry
Samuel Matthews
Samuel Scott <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

sharonrose

sharonrose Report 12 Oct 2016 22:48

Yes this is my gggrandparents, thank you. As I say I'm not sure if both buried in car money graveyard but I am told that William john allison who is Mary Jane Scott husband was buried in mullusk northern. Ireland grave yard but I can't find his stone either. Thank you for finding marriage