Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find birth son and daughter

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christopher

Christopher Report 5 Aug 2013 22:29

Trying to find my birth son and daughter
Their names were Carl Leslie James Tudor and jade Marie Tudor
They were both born in Southampton and were adopted so their names may have changed
I think Carl's name might have been changed to Carl read
It would be great to get in contact with them both
I have tried looking for them both for ages and I won't stop looking for both of them
If anyone knows of them please contact me or pass on my details
Cheers
Chris tudor

Christopher

Christopher Report 6 Aug 2013 07:25

Please add me to the adoption data base

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 6 Aug 2013 09:38

Reggie

Would be more helpful if you could add the small details like the national adoption contact register url - many people haven't a clue it exists or know how to find it.

Info I found https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 6 Aug 2013 10:26

If you know the agency who handled the adoption, ask if they will keep a letter from you on your file.

Search Facebook for their birth names - sometimes adopted children will create an account in that, in the hope that biological family will find them.

Have you added your own, their and their mother's names to your tree? Although you aren't supposed to add the names of living people without their permission, sometimes you have to bend the rules!

Even if you are a free member and at some point no longer visit the site, make sure that GR always have your current email address. They are both only in their late teens/early twenties; if they have a good adoption, they may not feel the need to find birth family just yet.

Good luck

LadyofKent

LadyofKent Report 6 Aug 2013 13:48

Both Carl Leslie James and Jade Marie Tudor are members of Genes born 93 and 94 respectively. You can email them.

Christopher

Christopher Report 6 Aug 2013 14:05

How and where?
I appreciate your help

LadyofKent

LadyofKent Report 6 Aug 2013 14:11

Search top right hand corner, search all member trees and then fill in the names and on the right hand side Find out More send an email

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 6 Aug 2013 14:11

Sorry Christopher

How and where what!!??

jax

jax Report 6 Aug 2013 14:37

Carl's membership is about 5 or 6 years old and Jade's about 3 or 4

They could have changed their email address since then, but hopefully they have notified GR

By my reckoning Carl was only about 14 when he joined this site

Good luck

jax

jax Report 6 Aug 2013 14:49

Just to add the Jade Tudor on here is not the one you are looking for,,,,,she is another one born a couple of years earlier in the same area

Christopher

Christopher Report 6 Aug 2013 15:05

Thank you jax
The other jade is my niece
I'll keep trying

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Aug 2013 23:10

Posting again won't get any different results

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1329553

Put your self on the national register.................as per URL posted 6th August

If these children are aware they were adopted, and have any interest in finding blood family, they may have done the same

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 12 Nov 2014 09:08

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1346591

Christopher

Christopher Report 12 Nov 2014 09:15

Carls names may hAve been changed to Carl read

Kay????

Kay???? Report 12 Nov 2014 12:08

Seek the help of Social Services, Christopher ,they may agree to assist you,depending on the reasons why you were enstranged from your children.If you were a named father your permission may have been sought for the adoption to take place.

They are still young adults and may need assistance from a professional body to any reunion you may wish for.

Christopher

Christopher Report 16 Nov 2014 11:46

Thank you

Christopher

Christopher Report 17 Nov 2014 10:02

I'll keep looking

Christopher

Christopher Report 17 Nov 2014 10:02

I'll keep looking

Christopher

Christopher Report 15 Dec 2014 21:31

Still looking would be great to hear from them
I won't give up !

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 15 Dec 2014 22:42

Have you done anything positive along the lines advised?