Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John Poole son of Thomas Poole and Margaret Parish

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Penny

Penny Report 8 Feb 2014 17:11

Looking for John Poole possibly had connections to Watford when a child.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 8 Feb 2014 17:35

Middle initial looks to be R. When did you last have contact?

Rose

Penny

Penny Report 8 Feb 2014 18:35

Never had contact. Searching on behlaf of my mother who remembers John when they were children. Have tried 192.com and written to all Poole's in Watford area of London but no responses received back

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 8 Feb 2014 20:31

Is this the marriage?

Marriages Sep 1927 (>99%)
Parish Edith M Poole Uxbridge 3a 159
Poole Thomas L Parish Uxbridge 3a 159

Can't find one to a Margaret.

Rose

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Feb 2014 10:27

Births Jun 1906 (>99%)
Parish Edith Margaret Watford 3a 855

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Feb 2014 10:29

Who registered this?

Death

Name: POOLE, Edith Margaret
Registration district: Bourne
County: Lincolnshire
Year of registration: 1971
Quarter of registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
Date of Birth:21 April 1906
Volume no: 3B
Page no: 195

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Feb 2014 10:44

1911 census

Person: PARISH, Edith Margaret Address: 29 Oxford St Watford

PARISH, John Hazell Head Married M 29 1882 Painter And Paperhanger Watford Herts VIEW
PARISH, Edith Sears Wife Married5 years F 27 1884 Berkhampstead Herts VIEW
PARISH, Edith Margaret Daughter F 4 1907 Watford Herts

Penny

Penny Report 9 Feb 2014 20:59

Edith Margaret is indeed my relative. Thank you all. Need information on their son John. Have come to a dead end. Didnt know that Margaret died in 1971 so thanks for that.

Penny

Edith Margaret is indeed my relative. Thank you all. Need information on their son John. Have come to a dead end. Didnt know that Margaret died in 1971 so thanks for that.

Penny

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 21 May 2016 21:30

why would you start a new thread (not allowed under the guidelines, one thread per person) and not even give the info you have?

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1360035

Penny

Penny Report 22 May 2016 21:59

Sorry if I have done something wrong. Been a while since I was last on here as you will see from the previous date and I'm not experienced in these message boards etc., Again I am sorry for the error

brigid

brigid Report 25 May 2016 05:55

Penny don't worry newcomers can't be expected to do it right first time .and I personally think that you can find away of posting one thread in ancestors section where the genes wizards on here can have fun tracing back three generations and another thread here which is more about how to search in existing dats

We all learn that actually going back to the grandparents may lead to clues in finding the person

Now you need to summarise findings so far and ask advice of deleting one of those duplicate threads.

While I understand the frustration of double finds....a kindly explanation and the patience of people like rambling rose and the kindness o f Reggie +Annie etc who take the time to message the people who haven't come back to their threads is constructive

If you do feel told off you can also use rootschat forums where you can get instant advice and members are extremely friendly . ;-)

Excuse typos .on tablet and have some visual difficulties

brigid

brigid Report 25 May 2016 23:18

\great explanation Rose .

From a repeat "offender" ..guilty what will be appropriate "punishment " .
I could be banned + make decision easier to go to Ancestry ! oops am answering a personal comment instead of using a private message again . :-(

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Rambling

Rambling Report 26 May 2016 18:43

I still have a possible address, so I hope Penny will return to this thread or the other, so she can confirm whether it is one she has already tried ( not Watford).