Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

trying to find my biological father

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

mark

mark Report 15 Apr 2014 20:06

i was wondering if anyone could help me find my father i aint got much information only that hes from Aberdare South Wales uk , was living in Aberaman in 1979 his name is Graham Thomas. i cant give a exact date of birth but i am guessing around 1952/1962. if anyone does now a graham thomas from aberdare any information would be grateful.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 15 Apr 2014 20:13

Mark have you searched family trees here?

up at the top, under search, select search all trees

there is a Graham born in the right place a little earlier with himself in his tree in case you think that is a possibility

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 15 Apr 2014 20:17

also you seem to have yourself in several trees with several different accounts (do you know the other person who has you in their tree?)

do be sure that you have an up to date email address on every account you have just in case someone tries to contact you, so you will receive notification

if could even be worth checking all of those accounts to make sure you have not missed any messages in the past

mark

mark Report 15 Apr 2014 20:33

i have no ideas whos trees i am in i am new to the site so how do i go about finding out whos trees i am in thank you for messaging me back.

jax

jax Report 15 Apr 2014 20:51

Joonie has explained how to search the trees above Mark

You may be new to the site now, but at some stage you opened three other accounts in your name

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 15 Apr 2014 21:04

thank you for the private message Mark (Mark has explained the reason for his search which is a little more urgent than the usual reasons, needing family medical history)

it really does seem that you have other accounts here

hover your mouse over Search in the upper right
click on Search all member trees

search for your name with your year of birth

one other person has you in their tree, but you seem to have a total of four trees of your own

you might want to just delete old accounts

to sign in to them I think you can do it by signing out of this one and entering the email address you think you would have used to sign up for a different account

then you can check your message inbox to be sure you haven't missed anything

and then if the tree is no use to you, if you are happy with the one you have now, just delete the account

I mention this only because if someone ever does try to contact you here you want to be sure you get the notification

(also be sure to click Watch This at the top of this thread to get notice of any replies)

unfortunately there were 4 people named Graham Thomas born even in Pontypridd district 1952-1959 and others slightly earlier and later and none seems to be in anyone's tree here

and you likely do not know a middle initial, if he had one

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 15 Apr 2014 21:11

Mark the other person with you in their tree posted a message here in 2011

http://www.knowhere.co.uk/Aberdare/Rhondda-Cynon-Taff/Wales/messages

I expect you are related ...

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 15 Apr 2014 21:12

Do you have an address for him 1979? If so, you could look at old electoral rolls to see if he had a middle initial.

Rose