Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

annie wilkinson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gayna

Gayna Report 18 Apr 2014 01:30

im trying to trace my family if anyone can help my mothers name was annie wilkinson she had a brother called rodney wilkinson who lived in smallbridge rochdale she married james eaton and had 2 daughters me gayna eaton and denise eaton and 2 sons peter eaton and stephen eaton they lived on norton road syke rochdale she then seperated from james and remarried tom calow then he died in 1979 she then married kevern davies and livesd on bishop street rochdale were she died in 1984 she married james in 1956 she worked at the old cotton mill and played the cornet in rochdale salvation army band i would be grateful if anyone could help me find my family and know about my mum thank you

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 18 Apr 2014 03:33

hi Gayna, and welcome here :-)

it's a little difficult to follow the story you have given us so I am just going to break it up to be more readable - it really helps if you use capital letters and punctuation and line breaks from time to time!

im trying to trace my family if anyone can help
my mothers name was annie wilkinson
she had a brother called rodney wilkinson who lived in smallbridge rochdale
she married james eaton and had 2 daughters me gayna eaton and denise eaton
and 2 sons peter eaton and stephen eaton
they lived on norton road syke rochdale
she then seperated from james and remarried tom calow
then he died in 1979
she then married kevern davies and livesd on bishop street rochdale were she died in 1984
she married james in 1956
she worked at the old cotton mill and played the cornet in rochdale salvation army band
i would be grateful if anyone could help me find my family and know about my mum thank you

Now ... you seem to know a fair bit about your mum, so is it her family tree you are wanting to discover?

or are you not in touch with her other children and would like to find them?
or family of her brother maybe?

(since you have put this on the Living Relatives board)

just let us know what or who you would like to find and someone will help :-)

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 18 Apr 2014 03:40

so your mum Annie first married in Rochdale in 1956

you and your brothers and sister were born there 1957 to 1969

this is your mum's death record

Name: Annie Davies
Birth Date: 25 Oct 1937
Date of Registration: Sep 1982
Age at Death: 44
Registration district: Rochdale
Inferred County: Greater Manchester
Volume: 39
Page: 0455

so this is her birth, showing her mother's original name

Name: Annie Wilkinson
Mother's Maiden Surname: Hulbert
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1937
Inferred County: Lancashire
Volume Number: 8e
Page Number: 3

her brother Rodney was younger (he can be identified by having the same mother's name in the index) so I won't put details about him here as you haven't said (and may not know) whether he is living

but I think he is still living where he was born, click here to see some details

http://www.192.com/atoz/people/wilkinson/rodney/ol15/968199861/

but he doesn't seem to be in the telephone book

this is your grandparents' marriage

Name: Elsie Hulbert
Spouse: John Wilkinson
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1937
Registration district: Littleborough
Volume Number: 8e
Page Number: 143

you can find these records at http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl

to trace them any farther you would need to get their marriage certificate, to learn their ages and their father's names. John Wilkinson would be hopeless without that, and even Elsie Hulbert was a surprisingly common name.

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 18 Apr 2014 14:53

ADDRESS SENT RE ABOVE

EDIT: Gayna sends thanks etc

Gayna

Gayna Report 26 Apr 2014 22:50

Thank you these are the right details, I'm sorry when I written this but this is new to me,I'm glad you have found my grandparents for me I didn't even know their name.
I have found my uncle Rodney and his children and the rest on my mothers side, I would like to find out about my fathers side and find my brothers who I do know are still living but don't have much detail.
My mother passed away in 1982 I'm sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused you .

Gayna

Gayna Report 26 Apr 2014 23:13

I am trying to find my fathers ancestors too
But I know he was same age as my mother
I would like to know more about my grandparents too
As far as I am aware my father is still alive
I know he still lives in Rochdale
But I don't know were
Thank you

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 26 Apr 2014 23:38

if your father is still living then we can't put information about him in this thread but anything found could be sent to you privately

in any case his name is a little too common to be sure of a birth for him ... with no middle initial, there are possible births 1934 Leigh and 1932 Manchester North for instance (the closest ones to 1937 except on in 1939 which would be a little late)

you can do these searches at
http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

it's very easy, you can find the information I already put in your thread and the possible births for your father

have you tried the telephone directory for your dad ??

http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/publisha.content/en/search/residential/search.publisha

if you just search for Eaton in Rochdale you will see the one that may be him

that same person on the electoral roll was aged 60-64 sometime between 2002 and 2013 so that would seem to be a match (and has a partner)

not knowing how long it is since you have seen him it would be hard to advise about contacting him but that would give you the information to work with if you decide to

then hopefully you could find out more about his family from him

if not, then if you get a copy of your parents' marriage certificate it will tell you their ages and their fathers' names so you can research further back

you can order the certificate here once you have registered at the site:

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

and this is the information you need for ordering it:

Name: Annie Wilkinson
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1956
Volume Number: 10f
Page Number: 947

you did contact Rodney with the info Fairthorn sent?

but you are still looking for your brothers and sister?

can you say when you were last in touch with them, were you children or do you know whether they married etc?