Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John Skilton 1933. Australia

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joyce

Joyce Report 23 Aug 2014 15:57

John emigrated to Australia in 1961/62.... He was living in Victoria with then wife Ronalda
They were both on the Electrol Roll. And then John on his own in Queensland 1980
We have no information since then. I know Ronalda remarried a David Joseph Christmas and died in Frankston.

I don't know if he has died. Please contact if you have any information that would help with my search.

Kind regard's Joyce.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 23 Aug 2014 16:09

You should add Australia to your title, as a filter.

Have you done any research?

No point in someone looking for what you've already got

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 23 Aug 2014 16:24

Have you tried Australia's white pages?

I see from his marriage record that he has a middle initial "A".

There is a John A.Skilton listed in Queensland on the white pages:-

http://www.whitepages.com.au/

Kath.x

Joyce

Joyce Report 23 Aug 2014 16:45

Hi Kath
Thank you for your reply. He is John Albert Skilton.. He has a half brother in Australia who is trying to find him.
That's where the information has come from. I will pass on the info about the white pages.

Joyce

Joyce Report 25 Aug 2014 17:33

Hi Kath
We have already checked that address and phone number in the White Pages. But the lady answering said she couldn't help..

Please is there any thing else we can try.

Kind regard's Joyce :-( :-(

Valerie

Valerie Report 15 Sep 2014 02:53

Hi Joyce

The 'National Library of Aus' (Canberra) (on-line) has an 'Ask a Librarian' service. They will check their electoral rolls (past & present) - they should be able to trace him from what you already have (1980). (do give them all your facts).

Valerie
WAus

Joyce

Joyce Report 16 Sep 2014 13:32

Hi Thank you for your help. We have now traced John Skilton. He passed away in 1997.
Great sadness to us all. Just wished we had started the search earlier. And I had found my way round the www. Many year's ago.

Kind regard's Joyce