Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bates Family Halifax

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Thomas

Thomas Report 2 Sep 2014 17:59

Hi I am looking for the family of Bates who lived on cousin lane, ovenden, Halifax
in the 1960's.

Any information would be helpful.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 2 Sep 2014 18:49

Do you have any first names?

Rose

Thomas

Thomas Report 3 Sep 2014 00:29

All we currently have to go on is malcolm bates

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 3 Sep 2014 08:41

OK. You can contact the library closest to that address for old electoral rolls to get the names of the adults living there.

Any idea when Malcolm was born? Was he the father?

Rose

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 3 Sep 2014 10:04

It would help us to try to be of help to you if you gave some clues about your connection to this family

I'm wondering if perhaps Malcolm Bates is the name someone has been given as a potential father to him or her

ADDED

I've found a birth on freebmd which would lend credence to that idea

Have look at it Thomas

Thomas

Thomas Report 3 Sep 2014 12:55

Thanks for the electoral roll tip, do you have to know the address for that or can you just see who lived on cousin lane in the 60's?

And sorry jacqueline we are new here, yes this is the name we have been given as a potential father, i will take a look at the link thankyou.

Another thing we have is we are told he was a taxi driver in the 60's also.

Thomas

Thomas Report 3 Sep 2014 12:56

Oh and sorry i forgot to add we think he was born around 1940

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 3 Sep 2014 13:16

That's the birth I found

This man may not know that he is alleged to have fathered a child, so you must be extremely careful, especially if he has married and has a family

Thomas

Thomas Report 3 Sep 2014 14:08

Yes we know this, how do i look at this birth?

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 3 Sep 2014 16:33

Look on FreeBMD:

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

Rose

Rambling

Rambling Report 3 Sep 2014 17:05

Going on the mother's maiden name and assuming it is the marriage in 1939 there don't seem to be any siblings as far as I can see,

There are a few Malcolm Bates in trees on here for 1940 one Yorks'.

Thomas

Thomas Report 3 Sep 2014 17:17

Ive tried the website before but havent found anything could you possibly send me the link to the birth you have found?

And the trees leave us none the wiser, we need to somehow find out which members of the bates family lived on cousing lane halifax in the 60's so we can confirm that his name is malcolm.

Rambling

Rambling Report 3 Sep 2014 17:34

Birth sent for 1940, and poss marriage of parents.

Thomas

Thomas Report 16 Sep 2014 16:56

Hi just a quick update,

We have searched high and low and managed to somehow stumble across Malcolm bates step brother on Facebook we confirmed a few details with him such as asking him his mothers name and if he previously lived in two places we found and everything matched up, now he has offered to meet up to view some old photos but the trouble is he hasn't had contact with him since the 80's but we know an area in which he lived in the 80's which was Hampshire we also know he was married to a hazel.

Just wondering if anybody could offer any advice on what to do next?