Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

EVELYN ANN ROBB BORN 1940 NOW IN AUSTRALIA

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dorothy

Dorothy Report 16 Sep 2014 01:11

I AM SEARCHING FOR EVELYN ANN ROBB BORN 1940.MOVED TO AUSTRALIA IN 1950 FROM SCOTLAND WITH HER PARENTS JOHN ROBB AND ANN ROBB NEE CLARK. IF ANYONE KNOWS OF HER EXISTANCE, i AM PRESUMING THAT SHE HAS MARRIED, CAN YOU PLEASE CONTACT ME. THANKS. DOROTHY

jax

jax Report 16 Sep 2014 01:47

Welcome to the boards Dorothy

There is someone called Malcolm that looks to have her in his tree and another called Christine who has an Evelyn born Kirkcaldy..... Whether that is near Burntisland I don't know

Just googled they are approx 6 miles apart

jax

jax Report 16 Sep 2014 02:02

I was just going to say there is a tree on ancestry with them in.....but it is yours so you know where they were living up until 1958

I take it you are in contact with Douglas that also has a tree on ancestry?

Valerie

Valerie Report 16 Sep 2014 02:58

('Google') 'Ancient Faces' shows John Skinner ROBB died in VIC 1958. You could try the "State Library of VIC' (on-line) -it has an 'Ask Us' librarian service. They can check electoral rolls and trace the 'ROBB' family from their arrival+ (1950's). They MAY also find newspaper death notice/s too. (Seems they settled in Victoria).
Valerie
WA

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Sep 2014 10:35

In case the parents middle name's help
From Australian NA immigration records

ROBB John Skinner born 23 June 1902; Anna Clark born 15 January 1904; Evelyn Ann born (dd) July 1940; travelled per NEW AUSTRALIA departing Southampton on 15 August 1950 under the Assisted Passage Migration Scheme

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 16 Sep 2014 12:40

????

Australia, Electoral Rolls, 1903-1980 about Evelyn Ann Robb
Name: Evelyn Ann Robb
Electoral Year: 1963
State: Victoria
District: Gippsland
Subdistrict: Traralgon

In view of that -
this is a very old link, but maybe worth a try?? somebody may know something about the family:-
http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/GENANZ/2000-06/0959863529

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 16 Sep 2014 12:50

Older post on this family from Malcolm - but no help re Evelyn:

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1310598

Dorothy

Dorothy Report 16 Sep 2014 14:48

Thanks to everyone for their help. Yes I am in contact with Malcolm Robb but not Douglas. If he is a relation of Robbs he will have same info but if not could someone give me his link or email etc. Thanks. Dorothy

Dorothy

Dorothy Report 16 Sep 2014 14:58

what was elizabeth butler's mother's name and i will try and search death records for you in findmypast

jax

jax Report 16 Sep 2014 16:21

Douglas is on Ancestry.....so you should find him if you click on your Ancestry hints under one of her parents names

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 16 Sep 2014 17:45

Thanks for your offer of help with Elizabeth Butler, Dorothy.
I'll send you a private message, as we can't clutter up this thread with unrelated stuff!.