Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Newnham Relatives

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynda

Lynda Report 22 Oct 2014 17:21

I am searching for sons and daughters, nieces or nephews of William Charles Newnham and Gertrude Newnham. My mother was one of the daughters, Miriam Clara Newnham and another daughter may be Clara May Newnham. I am aware of one son, Jim who moved to Canada and may have resided in either Edmonton or Calgary, Alberta. My grandmother was born Dec. 16, 1890 and passed away in 1973. My sister was born in England. Her name is Jacqueline Miriam Killam..mother was a war bride, married in August of 1944 to Lee Howard Killam of Moncton, NB, Canada. Mother came to Canada in 1945 and landed at Pier21 in Halifax. Any information would be welcomed. Thank you...

Rambling

Rambling Report 22 Oct 2014 17:25

Just for ref marriage of

Marriages Sep 1943 (>99%)

Killam Lee H Newnham Aldershot 2c 567
Newnham Miriam C Killam Aldershot 2c 567

Rambling

Rambling Report 22 Oct 2014 17:30

Marriages Mar 1912 (>99%)

Howick Gertrude Newnham Brighton 2b 311
Newnham William C Howick Brighton 2b 311

Lots of possible Newnham/Howick children, if you enter surnames in freebmd.org.uk it will give you full names.

Lynda

Lynda Report 22 Oct 2014 17:56

I am new at this Rose so please bear with me. I will check the site you have referenced above..thank you for any information you have or can provide. What does LBB stand for?

Rambling

Rambling Report 22 Oct 2014 18:08

The LBB is just in my 'researching' box Lynda, it is just 'little black book' lol , though most of my research is on pieces of scrap paper rather than in a book :-)

These are some of the children

Births Sep 1912 (>99%)
NEWNHAM William Howick Brighton 2b 404

Births Sep 1914 (>99%)
NEWNHAM Doris M Howick Brighton 2b 360

Births Sep 1915 (>99%)
Newnham Evelyn G Howick Brighton 2b 353

Births Dec 1917 (>99%)
Newnham Bertram C Howick Brighton 2b 310

Births Sep 1919 (>99%)
Newnham Annie J Howick Brighton 2b 305

There are others but as they are a bit younger may still be living.

Re Bertram Charles born 1917 ,

England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966 about Bertram Charles Newnham
Name: Bertram Charles Newnham
Probate Date: 11 Apr 1947
Death Date: 2 Oct 1942 ( on war service)
Death Place: Sussex, England
Registry: Winchester, England

"administration to Gertrude Newnham wife of William Charles Newnham"

Rambling

Rambling Report 22 Oct 2014 18:13

NEWNHAM, BERTRAM CHARLES

Service No:837990
Date of Death:Between 01/10/1942 and 02/10/1942
Regiment/Service:Royal Corps of Signals Hong Kong Sig. Coy.
Panel Reference: Column 9.
Memorial:SAI WAN MEMORIALAdditional Information:

Rambling

Rambling Report 22 Oct 2014 18:30

For other helpers: I have advised Lynda that there is a tree on Ancestry with the family on it, tree owner looks to be related through one of the Newnham daughter's marriage.