Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Jan Miriam Oxendale b1964

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elaine

Elaine Report 14 Nov 2014 22:49

My husband Ray and his brother were separated from their sister when they were young in the late 1960s. They were living in Bournemouth at the time and have not seen nor spoke to Jan since.

We believe Jan was married in Bromsgrove in 1984 and changed her name to Taylor. We also believe she remarried in Birmingham in 1990 and changed her surname to Johnson.

We have looked on Facebook, 192 and the Electoral Rolls for her, with no success and we would be grateful for any suggestions on where to try next.

We just want to know that she is safe and well and that she has had a happy life.

Elaine

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 15 Nov 2014 00:40

Looks like she had children. Have you tried tracing them?

Rose

Penny

Penny Report 15 Nov 2014 07:51

You say separated- were any of them given for adoption?

any reason why her birth was registered twice - or it appears that way

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 15 Nov 2014 08:16

She has a daughter by her marrage to Mr Johnson Have you found that info ? She may be on Facebook. It's worth a try

patchem

patchem Report 15 Nov 2014 09:21

Have you put her in your tree on here, so if she comes looking she can contact you that way?

She could have married after Mr Johnson.

I could not see any likely births after 1990, unless remarriage and different regions - could they have moved or emigrated?

Pity about Taylor and Johnson as surnames.

Added:
Do you mean half-sister?
Are you in contact or have further information on both her parents?

Added:
Half-sister, same mother.