Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Diment or Durant, Exeter

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Travelman

Travelman Report 13 Dec 2014 11:33

I wonder if anyone can help with this please.

A friend of mine has had 2 Christmas cards wrongly delivered to her house and she very much wants to get them to the right people.

The only name on the envelope looks like Diment or Durant, and they are from a grandfather to Jasmine and Daisy.

They were delivered to Powlesland Road in Exeter.

Many thanks.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 13 Dec 2014 12:28

What was the actual address on the envelope?

Was the postcode correct?

Let me know by PM, to avoid infringement of privacy rights

Have you - or your friend - tried looking in the local phone book???

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 13 Dec 2014 12:29

Sent a PM

Look in your messages

Travelman

Travelman Report 13 Dec 2014 12:42

Many thanks for your help Jacqueline. My friend has looked in the phone book but no luck.

The cards were initially delivered to 24 Powlesland Road, Exeter which was the wrong address also.

Gritty

Gritty Report 13 Dec 2014 13:30

JAZMIN Durant did live at the address in Powlesland Road in 2012 (according to electoral registers)- I've sent (by PM) a 2014 address for a Jasmin Durant in Exeter which may be worth trying.

Gritty

Gritty Report 13 Dec 2014 13:36

Jazmin's also on Facebook

Travelman

Travelman Report 13 Dec 2014 13:45

Excellent Gritty, we will follow up. Many thanks!

Gritty

Gritty Report 13 Dec 2014 18:10

It's wonderful that you and your friend have made the effort to trace these people. I do hope they receive their cards.
Happy Christmas to you all!

Travelman

Travelman Report 13 Dec 2014 18:54

Hi Gritty

I did send a PM on Facebook but it's not been read yet, but hope she gets back to me. She doesn't look to be a very active FB user though.

Coincidentally, I notice 2 of her FB friends have the surname Diment, so I'm pretty sure the information you gave me is correct.

I also found her birth record which is Exeter too!

I'll update you soon hopefully.

Your warm Christmas greetings are appreciated .... have a good one yourself :-D