Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Olwen (Olwyn) Mercia Cole

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dorothy

Dorothy Report 2 Jan 2015 03:34

My cousin, Olwen(Olwyn) Mercia Cole was born in 1937 and was the daughter of Wilson Fidoe Cole and Jessie Ewing Cole.

I would be grateful for any information.

Regards,

Dorothy Buck (nee Capewell)

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 2 Jan 2015 06:23

Not seeing a marriage for her. Have you looked on electoral roll or contacted her siblings?

Rose

malyon

malyon Report 2 Jan 2015 12:45

there is a marriage in 1952 on free bdm to stubbs her name is spelt olwen

Gee

Gee Report 2 Jan 2015 13:16

There is also another marriage in 1971 for Olw* M Stubbs to a Walsh

Gritty

Gritty Report 2 Jan 2015 13:19

Hi Dorothy, Jessie Lockhart Cole died in 1943, when Olwen was still a small child, also spotted this old thread, do you still think Olwen was adopted?

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1312402

Yvonne- The 1952 marriage in Manchester is another Olwen that was born in 1932 Manchester.

malyon

malyon Report 2 Jan 2015 13:38

cant be the marriage in 1952 as owlen would be only 15yrs old

Gritty

Gritty Report 2 Jan 2015 13:45

This is the family on the Electoral register in 1950 (They previously lived in Acocks Green at Dolphin Lane and then Greenwood Avenue)

218 Tavistock Road, Hall Green, Birmingham

Wilson F Cole
Edith M Cole
Hubert A Cole
----------------------------------

218 Tavistock Road, Hall Green, Birmnigham

Wilson F Cole
Edith M Cole
Hubert A Cole
Beryl L Cole
--------------------------------------

Beryl marries in 1952 to Walter Bickley

1955-1957
379 Brownfield Road, Stechford, Birmingham

Walter J Bickley
Beryl L Bickley
Donald E Cole
-----------------------------------------------

1960-1962
46 Fox Green Crescent, Fox Hollies

Walter Bickley
Beryl Bickley
Donald Cole

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 2 Jan 2015 14:12

The father re-married in 1945 and died when his daughter was quite young

COLE WILSON F 1902 1952 1952 Deaths & burials Birmingham, Warwickshire, England

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 2 Jan 2015 14:13

The earlier thread posted by Dorothy states that she was adopted, and on yet another one Dorothy says that the word 'adopted' is stamped on Olwen's birth cert

Dorothy

Did you ever contact the other people with her in GR trees? You marked your thread as 'answered'

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 2 Jan 2015 14:18

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1294097

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1288651

Gritty

Gritty Report 2 Jan 2015 14:38

Wilson F Cole remarries to Edith M Boucher. After Wilson's death, Edith remarries in 1953 to Arthur Whild.

After they're married Edith and Arthur live at 11 Ruskin Grove, Fox Hollies- no sign of Olwen on the Electoral register, but her younger brother Robert is listed there in 1965:

11 Ruskin Grove, Fox Hollies, Birmingham

Arthur E Whild
Edith M Whild
Robert J Cole

Dorothy

Dorothy Report 3 Jan 2015 03:25

I would have contacted siblings Rose but haven't been able to find them.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 3 Jan 2015 10:47

Dorothy

Please don't keep marking your threads as answered, when the query has not been fully resolved.

And please do not start any more, as it causes confusion.

Please also say whether you did anything about following the advice on your earlier thread about contacting other members with Olwen in their trees

Gritty

Gritty Report 3 Jan 2015 11:13

Hi Dorothy,

When you answered Rose's question I see you marked it as answered- this actually makes it look like you have solved your query and don't need anymore help.

On future threads just reply in the box at the bottom of the page and don't mark anything as answered so others can continue to help you.

Try contacting other people on here that have Olwen in their trees. You can do this by selecting 'search' at the top of the page, and then 'search all member trees'.

I've sent you a private message on how to contact a possible sibling of Olwens that may still be living (Graham).

Dorothy

Dorothy Report 4 Jan 2015 06:59

Thanks so much for explaining how to reply Gritty. I'm not on Genes much since I live in the USA now and have been following my husband's American line but have time to concentrate on my own line now.
I've looked for my cousin, Graham, using search and am sure that he is the brother of Olwen so am writing to him today and will post any response.
Thanks for being so generous with your time and so patient with a novice.
Kind regards,
Dorothy..

Gritty

Gritty Report 4 Jan 2015 10:56

Your welcome Dorothy.

Hopefully you'll get the answers you need, but if you have no joy with Graham, or need further help with this family, just return to this thread to ask for help.

Best wishes

Dorothy

Dorothy Report 17 Jan 2015 21:09

Thanks to all for your help, especially Gritty.

I found and spoke with my cousin Olwen plus her sister and brother who are all delighted to have been 'found' by their cousin :-)

You are all stars!