Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HILL Family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anthony

Anthony Report 14 Jan 2015 02:48

Trying to locate some cousins living in the STOCKPORT area,

relatives of my uncle & Aunt Brian & Brenda

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 14 Jan 2015 06:35

Do you have first names and when they were born?

Rose

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 14 Jan 2015 11:08

have you tried the phone book?

Or www.192.com?

What connection do Brian and Brenda have?

jax

jax Report 14 Jan 2015 13:12

192.com is expensive but yo can search for free to get a rough idea of the address if listed and up until when

this is free but does not tell you when they lived there

https://www.freeelectoralroll.co.uk/

patchem

patchem Report 15 Jan 2015 06:55

If they are the children of Brian Hill and Brenda, do you know when and where that marriage occurred?

Any idea of approximate years of birth of the parents or the children?

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 15 Jan 2015 08:45

I see that you edited your post, Anthony, but you still haven't given anything like enough info to help us to help you.

Is this connected to..............

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1348495

Have you done any research? For example, have you tried to find the names of these cousins by using freebmd?

patchem

patchem Report 15 Jan 2015 18:30

There is a Brian K and Brenda J Hill showing on some ER's for Stockport - but marriage?

Added:
Possibly Stockport, 1975. Kenneth B or Brian.

Anthony

Anthony Report 16 Jan 2015 23:28

HI Patchem.

I had heard something about a possibility of my Uncle BRIAN using his middle name rather than his first name.

This would make sense because My parents are KENNETH HILL and DIANE JUNE TWINNING married in CHELTENHAM

The rumour was my uncle BRIAN was actually also called KENNETH but went by his middle name of BRIAN

Both brothers were born in BLACKPOOL, but unfortunately my uncle BRIAN does not want to know about family history, this is a shame as he is now the only survivor of his brothers and sisters. 6 brothers and sisters. All from BLACKPOOL.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 17 Jan 2015 10:39

Who were your father's parents?

Haven't you looked at freebmd to get accurate info about the names of your father's siblings?

For some idea of time-scale, which is vital

Groom Surname Groom Forename Bride Surname Bride Forename District Parish Building Year Register Entry
HILL Kenneth Norman TWINNING Diane June Cheltenham Cheltenham St Mark (C of E) 1958 7 35

There is NO birth in Blackpool district for a Kenneth N Hill

patchem

patchem Report 17 Jan 2015 12:45

I think that the family were Hill/Ingleby, and (ignoring the York ones, different people) they were born in Fylde and Blackpool, with some late registrations.

However, you said that you were looking for your cousins, Brenda and Brian's children.
Are Brenda or Brian still alive, as you could contact them for information about your cousins, just to say Hello?

I do not expect anyone else in my family to be interested in family history, we can do research with or without their help.

Anthony

Anthony Report 18 Jan 2015 04:10

Hi Pathem,

Brian and Brenda are both alive, unfortunately he has Altzeimers.

My Uncle BRIAN had 4 sisters, and I have been able to get details of them. and their children my cousins.

The hardest one was an aunt who had died aged 3 months,

I have also 12 months ago made contact with a cousin who I have managed to track down thanks to her step sister seeing a note I put on Genes Reunited.