Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Kenneth Dixon/Dickson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 22 Jan 2015 14:21

Hi would love to find the whereabouts of Kenneth Dixon or Dickson, he is my husbands father, he has never met him and only knows he lived in middlesbrough in the 50's and had a relationship with Sylvia Fletcher who was his mother. He may be deceased now but we would love to know anything about him. Don't really know where to look first.
Thank you for any help
Sue.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 22 Jan 2015 14:25

Ideally, the first step would be to get accurate spelling of his surname, but, unless he was named on the birth cert, that could prove difficult.

It would be easy to attach the 'blame' to an entirely unconnected man

Did Sylvia tell her lover that she was pregnant by him?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Jan 2015 15:42

Did Sylvia know more about him ie siblings. Parents names etc

Susan

Susan Report 22 Jan 2015 16:00

Yes he knew back in 1953 that he was a father and he wanted to be part of his life but Sylvia shut him out. Unfortunately my husband never spoke to Sylvia about it as he only found out in his thirties that she was actually his mother and not as he thought his sister. He was brought up by his grandmother, his mams mam. We only know through another family member that his dad was called the above. We think it is spelt Dixon