Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sean/Shaun mother Catherine father tony Morriss

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joanne

Joanne Report 14 May 2015 15:46

Not a lot to go on but it's playing on my mind
My father james anthony morriss 1936.known as Tony. Had a relationship in the 1970/5.from which he had a son shaun / Sean.the mother/lady was called catherine ,no surname im afaid .my gut feeling tells me it could of been someone in maidstone,herne bay,areas kent.
I was told about him,when shaun was about 15, and I saw him once briefly at Camden antiques market where my dad had a lock up antique shop at the weekend shaun went there to see my dad and worked once or twice for my dad.i didn't hear anything about shaun Again .my dad has now past on. Clearing out my dads stuff there are quite a few photos of shaun,and I have been thinking of shaun alot.he would be about 42-45
Any ideas of where I could start with such limited info.
Thanks

Joanne

Joanne Report 14 May 2015 15:47

My dad has always been known as tony

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 May 2015 15:57

Would depend on whether your dad admitted paternity so his name is on the birth cert too if a birth reg comes up

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 May 2015 15:59

the usual spelling is Sean!

Joanne

Joanne Report 14 May 2015 17:12

I dont think he would of been on birth cert.
my mum and dad were still married.
i have looked on social media sites.but no luck

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 14 May 2015 20:54

It sounds as if your father acknowledged Shaun / Sean as his son, so it is possible that the birth would have been registered in both parents'surnames, if your father was at the registration.

If father and son worked together, might this suggest the son lived in that general area?
Is there anything in the photos to give a hint at location?

There was obviously contact over the years for your father to have been given photographs.

Check members' trees to see if anyone has added Tony / James.

Mistycat

Mistycat Report 14 May 2015 21:42

Hi Joanne

Maybe stating the obvious here, have you tried asking questions around Camden antique market, as Shaun/Sean worked there with Tony in the 90s, someone may remember something, a long shot but what is there to loose....

Good Luck

Misty x

Joanne

Joanne Report 14 May 2015 22:31

Thank for your replies. When I say he worked there it was only on a few occasions .The photos are all in the country side,so maybe kent.my mum and dad moved the whole family down to whitstable in 1975.although my dad had been going down there from London for his antiques business for years..
Thanks
Jo

Joanne

Joanne Report 14 May 2015 22:35

I have sadly only met shaun once and that was for about half an hour.I didn't even know he was my brother at the time.

Joanne

Joanne Report 17 May 2015 21:37

I think catherine was in the antique business ..

Joanne

Joanne Report 21 May 2015 12:24

Gosh I've forgotten how to order a birth certificate.......can anyone jog my memory please

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 21 May 2015 12:29

If it is the above there is ANOTHER birth in 1973

NOTE also there is a marriage for Morriss/Gorham
Marriage: Jun 1968 - Bromley, Greater London, Kent

So possible their children

CHECKED they are the above marriage's children
they are still in Watford

WILL DELETE WHEN OP AGREES NOT THE CORRECT BIRTH

Joanne

Joanne Report 21 May 2015 12:53

Thank you, but on checking marriage of his parents it was a different james morriss and my dad was married and living with us (not that, that always makes a difference )

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 21 May 2015 13:18

So shall I delete it .. at least it saved you £9.25

Sorry it was not the correct one though

Joanne

Joanne Report 22 May 2015 21:39

After looking it was the wrong Sean,I will discount that one.
Thanks anyway
Jo

Joanne

Joanne Report 22 May 2015 21:44

Thank you fairthorn

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 23 May 2015 02:14

Joanne and Yvonne should delete the posts relating to that person / that marriage as they relate to living people

I too pondered your problem when you first posted Joanne but came up with nothing more useful than anyone else unfortunately

if you could date your meeting with him - say by your age at the time - and have a good approximation of his age - say, how much younger is he than you - you could perhaps at least narrow the possible birthdate range to something closer than 'he would be in his 40s' ?

Joanne

Joanne Report 23 May 2015 22:23

I was born 1969, and when I met him he was between 1-4years younger.so he would now be between 40-44yrs.
It was around 1991 give of take a few years that I met him at Camden.
I've deleted irrelevant posts.
Thanks jo

Joanne

Joanne Report 14 Aug 2015 18:39

Hi, thanks for your message but it's not the same one.
Thank you

Joanne

Joanne Report 13 Jul 2016 16:17