Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for long lost friend

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heather

Heather Report 23 May 2015 14:23

Hi my friends this is probably be a long shot ,but I'm trying to find a Tom,or Thomas molynoux ,I'm looking for my 83 year old mother in law ,who is desperate to find out if Tom is well and if he has had a good life,her name is Jean hodges ,Tom was her first love and she has never stoped thinking about him ,so much son she has carried a photo of Tom in her purse for years,Tom was last known to be living in the Manchester area,he would be 85 to 86 years old ,he was in boys entrance and stationed at locking camp,Weston supermare,he passed out when he was 18 and went in the royal airforce ,,Jean and her mother went to toms passing out parade ,and Tom and his sister spent time at jeans house ,tom had sister but don't think he had any brother ,Jean lived in Milton brow Weston supermare,,if there are any living realities of toms ,or Tom himself happens to see this please could you let me know as I really would love to find Tom so it can be a closer for my mother inlaw ,she would love to hear from him,thankyou my friends and I really do appreciate any help that can be given ,heather

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 23 May 2015 15:02

Unlikely that the name was Molynoux.

More probably Molyneux.

Have you done anything at all about looking for info? If you have, could you say, so that work isn't duplicated.

In which year was he 18?

When was he 'last known'?

What was his sister's first name?

There are far too many possibilities for anyone to pick the right man without additional info

malyon

malyon Report 23 May 2015 16:13

hi
did thomas have a middle name what was tom's sister's name

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 May 2015 16:26

Try https://www.freeelectoralroll.co.uk/Electoral_Roll_Search.asp

There are 2 results for Manchester. The 2nd one listed is current.
Write a letter, but don't get your hopes up.

Heather

Heather Report 23 May 2015 21:31

Thankyou for your help Tom was 18 in 1947 that's when he went into Royal Air Force ,not sure his sisters name ,and I will have to ask my mother inlaw if he had a middle name ,I really do appreciate everyone's help Heather

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 23 May 2015 22:57

Have you looked for possible births on freebmd?