Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Keen family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Amy

Amy Report 27 Oct 2015 09:38

Does anyone know any relatives of the Keen family around the Midlands area ie; Birmingham. I believe some of them went to Yonkers in America many years ago. Would love to get in touch with any living members of this family as some of them are my half brothers & sisters, also aunts & uncles plus cousins. Before marriage I was Amy Sylvia Bolton, my dad was a Keen before he reverted back to his mothers maiden name Bolton. Hoping someone will get in touch.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 27 Oct 2015 10:33

HI Amy,

If you know any of the names and year and birth places of the Keen family you are looking for you could use the search facility top right and click on Search all Members Trees,,enter details in the box and if any matches that you think could relate you can click on the persons name far right to send a message,,eveen if the years of birth are a little out to your knowledge its worth a contact,,,if you get a reply it will appear top of screen along side Messages as a purple envelope,needs a click to read.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 27 Oct 2015 16:04

Hi Amy, and if you would like others here to help you in your search, the main thing you need to do is put some names in the thread here

this would also mean that anyone who 'googled' the names might come across your message

(so be sure to keep your email address in your account here current, and also click 'watch this' on this thread so you get notified if someone posts a reply here in future)

there are also simple internet searches you can do yourself, for instance in the USA white pages there is one Keen (with wife) in Yonkers at present

http://www.whitepages.com/name/Keen/Yonkers-NY

Kay????

Kay???? Report 27 Oct 2015 19:26

Are the names you are looking for on your thread on the Find Ancestors board which I have nudged back up.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 27 Oct 2015 19:42

and of course 'nudging' doesn't help anybody looking for the thread after today ...

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1354915

Amy, how about just stick to that thread?

the rule against duplicate threads about the same immediate family is to prevent people wasting time asking the same questions and looking for the same info all over again

Amy

Amy Report 28 Oct 2015 16:18

Keen family names that I have are Albert Keen dob 1886 (my Father), William, Doris, Rosa (she is the one that went to Yonkers), Spencer, Florence, Beatrice & Ethel.
My father was married previously to I think Emily Dumbleton. They had children possible 13, Dorothy, Elsie, Mable, Gladys, Marie, Albert, Marjorie, Phyllis, Margaret, John & David. I have no idea who the other 2 maybe. I am hopeful that some of the family are still alive or have descendants. Their dob are between 1905 to possibly 1930 ish. Any info would be good.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 28 Oct 2015 17:29

Amy,

Do a peoples tree search,,,,,Search tab top right,,,click Search all Members Trees,,,,,enter a name...Rosa Keen, and about year of birth ,,,,,,a list will show who have entered her name in their tree,,,you can contact the people in turn by clicking on their name far right and asking if there could be a connection.It may be quicker than waiting for someone to come along reading the boards.......

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 28 Oct 2015 17:32

Amy, this appears to be exactly what your previous thread was about

It seems to be quite a complicated situation and there is no point in asking to have the investigation started all over again, and extremely unfair to start another one as if you had no information at all

if you have specific questions left about the info in that thread, you should ask them there

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 21 Jul 2016 21:03

For the record and in case any other family members happen by, a relation has posted in the other thread:

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1354915?page=3

Amy

Amy Report 22 Jul 2016 16:41

Thank you.